Chapter 23 - Oh Baby

Okay, so I'm sorry about the cliffhanger.  This is my way of making up for it.  I'm getting a little too brave with all of my loyal followers out there.  I guess I made a few people mad.  One even told me my updates weren't happening often enough, and threatened to take this book out of her library.  I'm not superman.  I can only write when I have enough time, which is usually only Friday nights and Saturday mornings.  I work every day of the week except for Saturday.  Mondays I leave my house at 6am and don't get back until almost 10:30 pm.  Then I'm back up again to leave at 6am Tuesday morning.  Trust me, you guys are getting the results of more than half of my free time.  I'm trying.  I had a few extra days off because of Thanksgiving, so everyone can be thankful that I'm able to update twice in a twenty-four hour (maybe less) period at least this once.  No cliffhangers in this chapter.  I think my next chapter is the epilogue.  Don't worry, though, this won't be the last you'll hear from these characters.  They'll be back after (or while) I write my next story, "And Then He Fell."   And by the way, some of you are like mind readers.  I think it, then you suggest it.  You're all amazing!  Thanks for reading!!  Thanks to those of you who defend me when people complain about not updating quickly enough.  It means a lot!!

**********************************************************************************************************************

Rhia

"Yes?" I asked the doctor expectantly.

"You are most definitely pregnant," he exclaimed. Oh. My. Gosh. I almost peed my pants. I was so excited! I was going to be a mom!

Bria squealed, "Our babies can be best friends.....or get married!"

The doctor chuckled. "I take it that's the news you wanted to hear?" he said.

"Oh, yeah," I answered.

"You are about three weeks along, actually. I'm not sure why you were spotting, but that happens sometimes. Schedule an appointment with your OBGYN as soon as possible, just to make sure everything else is okay. Congratulations!" he said, as he exited the room.

"You have to call Max," Bria gushed.

"I have a better idea," I said, smiling slyly.

************************************************************************************************************************

A little while later, I was opening the door to our apartment with my key. I could hear the TV, so I knew that Max was inside. I hid the bag behind my back as I entered. He was sitting on the couch, looking scrumptious in his jeans and somewhat tight t-shirt.

No, Rhia, I thought. You're a mom now.....cool it with the sexy thoughts.

Max looked up at me, smiling. "Welcome back. You seem to be feeling better," he stated.

"I've actually never felt better," I responded.

"Did you have a nice time with Bria?" he asked.

"Yes, I did. Much better than I expected, actually."

"What did you do?'

"Well," I said, "we went out to eat, but I got sick and we had to go to the hospital."

Max stood up, coming closer to me. Worry and concern shadowed his handsome features. "What? Are you okay?" he asked, brushing his hand down the side of my face lovingly.

"I don't know, Daddy," I said, pulling out the Babies'R'Us bag from behind my back. "You tell me."

He stood there staring at the bag. Soon, the worry and concern was replaced with confusion, which quickly changed to joy. "What?" he asked, looking at me excitedly. "What?" he asked again, getting louder.

"I'm pregnant!" I shouted. "We're going to have a baby!"

He picked me up and twirled me around. When we landed, we shared a passionate kiss. "I'm so happy," he said. "I thought you got your period, though. What happened?"

So, I went on to explain to him in detail the events leading up to this wonderful discovery. We celebrated by toasting with apple juice and watching Baby Story on Netflix.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Telling our parents proved to be a feat.  We went over for dinner one night about two months later. Joey, Brent, Maya, and Lexi were there also.

It just so happened that Brent and Maya announced that they had gotten engaged. I didn't want to upstage them, so I waited until we were sitting in the living room, talking.  The discussion about the impending wedding was coming to a close, so I added, "You'll have to get started having kids soon afterwards, because our kid is going to need a cousin to hang with."