Chapter 13 - Spill It

I know many of you have been waiting a long time for this update.  I have had an incredibly busy week.  I hope that I'll be able to post two updates this coming week.  I'm not sure how many more chapters there will be.  I'm thinking there will be at least three more.  Thanks for reading AFAF and supporting me!!  I hope you like this newest chapter.  

************************************************************************************************************

Bria

I was a little confused. I went to the beach for peace, but drama seemed to follow. First, Rhee thought she was pregnant. I was so thrilled that she hadn't been. I didn't want to come right out and say it, but Dane was a jerk. At my own wedding reception, he had been drunk out of his mind. He had actually come up to me and tried to hit on me. He was a letch, but Rhia never made any effort to get rid of him. It almost seemed like it wasn't worth her time to break it off. She had settled for a comfortable relationship, and in the process, sacrificed love.

Jason and I were hardly a storybook couple, but we loved each other. We made our decisions together, we enjoyed each others' company, and we weren't interested in anyone but each other. Don't get me wrong, each of us was able to recognize attractive members of the opposite sex, but our hearts belonged to one another. I'm not sure that Rhia and Dane could say that. She had seemed much happier before she dated Dane, and he was always staring at random women. I prayed every day that she wouldn't marry him. He was icky.

As teens, Rhia and I had told each other everything. We'd talked about boys, colleges, future plans, you name it. Somewhere along the line, though, Rhee had shut down. She didn't confide in me like she used do. I was hurt, but I figured she had her reasons. I'm not even sure when she actually lost her virginity. She mentioned it once, like it was no big deal, sometime after she and Dane had begun dating. I had assumed at the time that Dane had been her first. One time a couple of years ago, Dane said something about being the second man she had ever slept with, so I wasn't really sure what the story was. Rhia had never been the type to take sexual encounters lightly, but I didn't know anymore.

Ever since we'd arrived at the beach house, Rhia had been acting extra weird. I know that Max had crushed on her as a kid, but he might have been having a relapse, because he seemed to be showing up everywhere she was. He had defended her honor at the club the other night, and he had just left to chase after her on her run from her baby news. I didn't quite get it, but Rhia didn't seem to mind. Maybe she felt sorry for him, or maybe she was helping him with something I didn't know about.

After Max took off after Rhia, I looked at Jake. "Um, do you know why he chased after her?" I asked.

Jake shook his head back and forth. "I have no idea. I thought his crush on her ended years ago," he said. "Didn't he sleep with some college girl when he visited the college by your and Rhia's place a few years back?"

"That's what I thought. He used one of my condoms," I said, as if that explained everything.

Jake smiled. "He talks about how his 'first' was condom-obsessed," he said.

"Maybe Max and Rhia bonded that weekend. Hopefully, he can help her with what she's going through," I said. "She sure could use it."

Jake left to grab sunscreen for the crew down at the beach, and I got ready to meet Jason there as well.

*****************************************************************

Later that night, everyone ended up together again in the living room area of the house. We were all just kind of hanging there, talking about our day at the beach. Joey had the idea to play "Never Have I Ever," and we all agreed.