Chapter 7 - On Saturday

This chapter is a little longer than I wanted it to be, but I couldn't decide which parts to cut. I apologize if the read seems redundant, but I don't know how to get the characters' thoughts across otherwise. I hope you enjoy it!

Rhiannon

I woke up Saturday to the early morning sun shining in my window and yawned. I was in my bed, with my purple fleece blanket wrapped around me, but I felt.....strange. Then I noticed the arm that was draped over me, and the previous night's events came flooding back into my mind. Ah, Max had wanted to cash in the favor early, and I had been all too willing to let it happen. Not once, but three times. I was a little sore, but I couldn't help notice the shivers of delight that ran through my body as I recalled every detail from the night before.

Max had been such a gentleman, but had managed to be more aggressive than I would have originally given him credit. I had imagined a thousand different scenarios when it came to my 'deflowering,' but none of them compared to what this powerhouse of a kid....er, young adult did for me. He was more than amazing. I'd read so many stories about women losing their virginity, some bad, some good, but none like what had happened with us. Why did I have to give him back? Because he's in HIGH SCHOOL, I reminded my warped conscience. Ugh, why me? He also had Katie, and I had Dane.

I jumped out of bed, on a mission to brush my teeth. I didn't know if Max would be feeling amorous at any point today, but I didn't want my morning breath to get in the way. As I was standing up, I noticed a green shirt on the ground. It looked like....it WAS my pajama shirt, I suddenly realized. I looked down to see my bare chest. Agh! Then I remembered sliding down onto the floor. Max must have put me to bed without clothes. After everything we had done, I still felt embarrassed for having slept next to him naked. Oh well, nothing I could do about it now.

I threw my shirt on, then tracked down my pants and undies, which I didn't hesitate to put on as well. I headed to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I thought about getting back into bed, but I opted for cooking breakfast instead. After the workout we'd both had, I was starved, and I was sure he must be, too. I walked down the hall past Bria's room, and entered our kitchen. I opened the fridge door and removed eggs and bacon, setting them on the island in the middle of the room. I then reached into the cupboard above the fridge for the pancake mix, and put that there as well. I began to prepare a proper breakfast. Bria would be proud.

About thirty minutes later, I had managed to make about ten pancakes, along with scrambled eggs and bacon. Max must have smelled them, because as soon as I finished, I heard the bathroom door close. Five minutes later, I heard it open, and Max appeared in the kitchen shortly after. He looked delicious in only his striped boxers. "Morning," Max said, looking anywhere but at me. Was he embarrassed? Did he regret what had happened? Was I a disappointment?

"Morning," I said, looking at the floor. "Do you want breakfast?" I asked.

"I sure do. I'm famished," he said.

"Yeah, we had a pretty good workout last night," I said, trying to feel the waters as I served him his breakfast.

His eyes slowly made their way to my face as he took a bite of his eggs. They lit up when he let a trace of a smile break through his features. "We really did, didn't we?" he agreed.

Supershy Max had left the building. My regular Max was back. "You don't regret it?" he asked warily, as I sat down across from him with my own plate of food.

"Not for a minute," I replied. "You?"

"Well, I might regret not being able to repeat it a fourth time, but otherwise? Not at all." He looked at me in a way that made me feel as if he were studying my reaction to this comment.