Chapter 11 - The Club

I managed to write a chapter sooner than I thought! I hope to have another one up by Saturday, but I'm not sure that I'll have time. I will try my best, please be patient. I worked extra hard to spice this chapter up some, since the last chapter was kind of dry. I have a feeling you'll like it better!

***********************************************************************************************************************

Max

I was beginning to think that coming to the beach had been a big mistake. As we sat around a small campfire in our backyard that first night, it was difficult for me to think about anything besides Rhia. Just knowing she was in the same house had me slightly on edge. When we were in the same room, I was a mess. Trying to hide this fact from everyone around me took a lot of energy and effort.

I sat in a large folding lounge chair, and Cassie sat with her body positioned between my outstretched legs, leaning back into me for support. Joey and Lexi sat on one side of us, while Brent and Krissy occupied the other side. It was just my luck that Dane and Rhia were directly across from me.

Every movement she made, no matter how small, caught my eye. She and Dane were in two different chairs, but held hands across the divide that separated them. I remembered holding her hand. It made me shiver to think how her touch had sent shockwaves through my body, fueling my desire for her. I missed her so much.

I saw Cassie jump a little. She turned around with a devious smile on her face, and whispered, "I think someone's getting a little too excited about tonight." I was confused at first, not realizing what she meant. Then it all became clear as I realized how excited my thoughts of Rhia had made me. Cassie's back was against me, so she felt it, too. We had planned on tonight being the night, and she took my hardness as a sign that I was ready. If only. I wasn't sure what I was going to do.

Later that night, it was finally time for Cassie and me to take our relationship to the next level. It was probably not the wisest idea on my part, since Rhia was still invading my thoughts, but I figured I would push on. I was convinced that Rhee did not want any kind of romantic relationship with me, and Cassie had the promise of being a keeper.

"What do you want me to wear?" she asked, holding a black lace teddy in one hand and a green silk teddy in the other.

"Definitely the green," I commented. The PJ's Rhia had worn when we first made love had been green. I was now sort of partial to that color when it came to women's nightly attire.

She disappeared into the bathroom to change. I heard her talking to someone in the other room. I tried to listen. It sounded like Rhia. That was a strong possibility, since Dane and Rhia had ended up with the room next to ours. I wondered if she was telling Rhia we were about to have sex. I didn't know if I wanted Rhee to know or not. Shortly afterward, she appeared in front of me, wearing her green lingerie with a big smile on her face.

She dove on me, kissing my neck first, then trailing kisses down my stomach. I can't say that it felt bad, but my heart wasn't in it. Apparently, my body was siding with my heart tonight. Despite the effort Cassie was making, the general was refusing to stand at attention. I thought that maybe I was focusing too much on the differences between Cassie and Rhia.

I looked at Cassie. She really didn't have anything in common with Rhia. I suddenly thought about Rhia bursting through the elevator doors, pushing me against the wall while our mouths roamed freely over each others' bodies. I thought of how we'd managed to get undressed so quickly. We had been so full of desire. I smiled at the memory.

"There he is!" Cassie exclaimed, as I grew harder with each thought of Rhia. I knew it was fraud, what I was doing. I hated thinking of Rhia while inside Cassie, but it was the only way I'd be able to keep it up tonight.