Chapter 2

Hey guys! This is kind of a filler chapter so that is why it is short! Sorry.

~H
-----------------------------

"Wait, what? How?" Rose asked, part of her half interested and the other half confused.

"That's the thing Rosie, we don't know." Jack said, grinning because he knew he had found a case that intriguied her.

"No that's not what I was asking, well sort of wasn't. How do you know it's not an alien?" Rose asked, her eyes brows pinching in confusion.

"I've been watching this case, actually, for awhile. When I said recent, I meant in the past couple years. Anyways, there haven't been any signs or any evidence to suggest it's the work of an alien. I had the area scanned for any sign of alien life or ships, but there wasn't. In conslusion, no aliens have been involved with this."

"Then why are we getting involved? I mean, I don't want to not help since innocent, sick people are involved but isn't good that they're getting better? It could just be a slow process or something the hopsitals are doing?" Rose asked, leaning back in her chair.

"Because I've checked, the hopsitals haven't reported to doing anything different and some medical professionals have even reached out to us for help. Maybe it is good, or maybe it's bad, possibly neither but until we know for sure how this is happening, we need to handle it as we would any other case and investigate. Do you want the case or not?"

"Of course I want the case if it means we are helping people." She said, smiling at Jack.

"That's my Rose!" Jack grinned in excitement from the approval. "We can possibly start a investigation at Barts Hospital tomorrow. So for now, let's see what we can find about this coma thing around the world. Holler of you find anything Rose."

"Yeah. Same." But he was gone before she could even finish her sentence.

Rose adjusted herself to a more comfortable position in her office chair and wasted no time in getting to work. Her hands flew along the keyboard and mouse, searching for one case or something similar about the case in any other place in the world. Her office phone started to ring and Rose picked up the phone.

"Rose. I think I've got something. I don't know. It's kinda weird. Just, come look in a bit, I've a meeting soon." Jack said, attempting to explain.

"Alright, I haven't found anything yet but I will let you know Jack." With that she hung up the phone. Maybe a basic search engine wouldn't be enough. Rose would need to hack medical systems but would need help. "Jack is busy with his research and no one else knows about this so I will have to get the one person I trust." Rose's thoughts were scattered.

There was only one person besides Jack and her family that she could trust and would be able to help hack. Rose knew it was her only option and Jack would understand. Rose picked up her phone and punched in the number. 5 rings and still no answer. 'Come on pick up the phone.' Rose thought impatiently, tapping her fingertips against the surface of her desk.

"Rose I thought we agreed to not call each other during work? But since you have me, what do you need?" The familiar voice filled the other end of the phone.

"Mickey, I have a case and I, " She hesitated, "..need your help. Could you please come to my office, like now possibly?" She bit her lip, trying not to sound demanding and more of a light request. Rose knew Mickey would always come rushing to her aid if she asked but she didn't like it, taking advantage of him, but she genuinely needed his help.

"Rose," He sighed. Rose waited for an answer, biting down her lip a little harder. He sighed once more before giving her an answer. "I-I guess so. Let me get my stuff and I'll be there soon." Rose smiled and was thankful for him willing to help without question.

"Thank you! I knew you couldn't resist and offer from me." She teased him.

"Uh huh, sure." He teased back, she could even imagine his exaggerated eye roll.

"Alright, bye." She giggled.

"Bye."