Chapter 7

Author's Note

The reads just keep going up and up! Thanks everyone for continuing with the story and being awesome :) Again, I don't know the size of this chapter ( I never will ) I just hate making short chapters and I can't to that, my hands keep typing away. So keep being awesome guys and please vote/coomment/share the story!

**Note: Side ways font means Rose is thinking/reading/remembering/dreaming etc. (Most of the time)

~H

---------------------------------------------

Rose was swarmed with papers up to her nose, but that was a good thing. Sorta. Luckily Susan had been able to find all these papers that may or may not have information on the case. Not only that but Susan agreed to stay later with Rose and help her take notes down on anything they found. Jack will be glad with all that I've-Susan and I have discovered! Rose felt proud with herself, she will have definitely made a huge advancement in their case.

They were both silent, busy searching for evidence. Rose thought if this lady was nice enough to help her they could at least know more than their names. It was getting late, Rose looked at her phone 10:30 PM. "I think we have found enough for today, we-I mean I can show what we found to Jack later. Do you want to go out for tea? It's getting late and I could use a cup." Rose figured this girl didn't have much friends if she spent most of her time here, maybe Rose could be the first. Susan looked up at Rose form her spot on the floor surrounded by books and papers.

"You want to hang around by me longer than needed? Not most people want to but I would love some tea." Susan grinned and got off the floor.

"Let me get my things, it's quite chilly outside. I'll meet you in the front."

Susan got up after gently setting some papers back in their proper file, then walked to her office and shortly after she met Rose in the front. "Ready to go?" Rose asked.

"Yep! I know this cute little cafe just a little ways from here, if you want to try it out." Susan suggested.

"As long as it's good tea, then I don't care." Rose pushed the doors open and the frost nipped at her nose. She wrapped her soft purple scarf around her face (Mostly) and put on her wool gloves. "What's it called?" Rose asked, wrapping her arms around herself to keep warm.

"The Boiling Kettle" Susan quickly responded. "So, what do you do Rose?" Susan asked, curious.

"...Well, I guess there is no point in not telling you, except you can't tell anyone. It's kinda sensitive secret stuff." Susan nodded in silent agreement that if Rose were to tell her, she would not spill a word. "I work for..A special place, let's just say. We handle E.T. stuff and weird cases and defending the Earth from alien attacks... since The Doctor can't." Rose mumbled the last part.

"What was that last part? Doctor Who?" Susan inquired.

"Just someone I used to know." Rose sighed, her warm breath meeting with the chill and creating a little cloud, as she looked into the stars and wondered where the Time Lord could be traveling.

"Where is he now?" Susan pressed.

"See the stars? He is somewhere out there, but way beyond them. Saving other civilizations and defeating his darkest enemies. The man who protects the earth, but not this one. " Rose didn't mean to say that much but what could she do. She expected Susan to look at her like she was crazy and needed to get mental help, but Susan didn't. "Just forget what I said. Was just teasing..y'know?" Rose said and smiled weakly, blushing from embarrassment but her cheeks were already pink from the cold to Rose's luck and Susan wouldn't notice.