Chapter 18

ALMOST 1000 READS. That's huge. You guys are fantastic :)

SIDE FONT IS ROSE"S THOUGHTS/READING/DREAMING AND SO ON.

--------------------------------------

Rose was quiet for a moment, taking it in. It seemed too good to be true. 

"Rose, I'm sorry. If you hate me, that I understand but it's all I could do to save you." The Doctor braced for her outrage.

"I'm not mad at you, Doctor. I'm just a little upset and confused." She looked down to her bed sheet, playing with lose strands in the fabric.

"I just don't see why you couldn't have made me a time lord before? Thing's could've been so different and we could've stopped things like this from happening. Why did you choose to now? Why didn't you tell me before?" Rose felt tears in her eyes.

The Doctor grabbed her hands and laid them in his. "It's because I didn't want to take your normal human life away, you had the potential to live a life that I couldn't. I don't want you to live like this. You'll out live your family and I didn't and still don't want you to have to go through that." He paused, "I was tempted at times but  that was being selfish and greedy. I still feel greedy, but I couldn't lose you now nor could your family. Plus that procedure doesn't always work, I got extremely lucky with you so before I wouldn't risk it." He looked sadly at her, it was his fault that her normal life was taken away from her.

She looked up at him, smiling. "I would do anything just to be with you Doctor, that procedure may have been horrid and hell but now I'm with you and we have the rest of time and space. Heck we could even.." She stopped mid sentence, looked away blushing.

"We could what?" He smiled.

She bit her lip then flashed him her smile and tongue poking through her teeth. "A family." She expected him to flinch or shrink away from her at the idea of something like that.

"Yeah, we could." He revealed a toothy grin and grabbed her into a hug. "I'm so glad you are okay."

They stayed like that, cuddled against each other, comforting each other with their own presence.

**

"What if she get's sick! She can't just go waltzing into the hospital or she'll be sent to the government to be tested!" Jackie complained, a normal thing the Doctor got used to.

The Doctor used the excuse of carrying Rose's things into the TARDIS to get out of an argument with Jackie.

"Mum, I've got the Doctor. I'll be okay." She rolled her eyes and giggled. It was weird having the rhythm of two hearts beating at once but it soothed her at night. Her and the Doctor lying together, hearts in sync. 

"That's reassuring!" Jackie cried with a hand on her hip, before hugging her daughter.

"We'll be off then?" Rose looked up to the Doctor as he came behind her and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Everything seems in order!" The Doctor grinned.

The duo boarded the TARDIS, waving farewell to Jackie.

"Now let's see where the last two Time Lords in existence can cause some trouble, shall we?" The Doctor laughed.

The two worked side by side, moving in sync working together to control the TARDIS. 

"I think you may have just become a better pilot than me." The Doctor exclaimed.

"Really?" Rose grinned.

"No."

"Ow! Always the shoulder!" The Doctor cried.

"Do you need me to kiss it for you?" Rose teased.

"A kiss would be nice, yes." The Doctor smiled.

"Come 'ere then." She grasped him by the collar of his shirt and smashed her lips against his. All of the wanting, longing, and passion poured into every ounce of the kiss.

They broke for air. "Rose Tyler, I love you." The Doctor admitted as they spiraled through the time vortex.

-----------------------------

Possibly The End.

(Unless I decide to do a sequel or add another chapter of years in the future.)

What do you guys think? I need you opinions and support!

Thank you! 

~H