Chapter 4

A/N (Author's Note)

How do you guys think it's turning out? Leave comments and make sure to vote for my story! Thank you! :) Also all feed back is appreciated greatly!

Also Sideways font means Rose's thoughts! Except the first side way font part is not technically her thoughts, it's mostly what she reads of the article. So call it what you want! :)

~H

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose decided to take the elevator, she wanted to hear what Jack had found as soon as possible. The door swung open as Rose entered Jack's office. Without looking up at her, he motioned her to come over to the computer screen to look for herself.

'1960's Medical research laboratory experiment: Life After Death

Medical scientists researched, studied, and experimented if there is life after death or if life after death could be created. Rose scanned through more of the article. Scientists were forced to shut down the experiment after a few mishappenings and the case was forgotten.'

Jack studied her face for some sort of reaction. Her face had curiosity written all over it. How could they just forget it? Rose spoke up, "So, you think this case has something to do with what's happening now? Didn't they shut it down long ago?" Rose wondered how could this be connected if it had been shut down.

Jack cleared his throat, "Well, it seems like it could be connected to this, if someone or a group had decided to secretly continue the study. If you read more it says that there could be a possibility of the team later gathering together to continue the work but no one knows for sure."

Rose still questioned it, "Where did this happen? Where did they experiment?"

Jack had the answers, "The original study's were held here in London." He paused, "It says that if they did actually re-group, they had been prepared and got more to the team. Some possibility they made connections around the world. But it's most likely just in Britain, like London and Cardiff, then a slight chance of one in America."

Rose started to believe that there could be a connection, that this may be a real, strange case but definitely not the strangest they've had. Jack read it on her face that he had found something she was interested in causing him to grin, pleased with himself.

"Nice work, detective." she said with a smirk.

"Now, Rose have you found anything at all?" he asked.

"Nope but I've got one of my best men on it! Also, I'm going to check for anything about this science experiment and weird condition in recent and old news papers or any files on it. Mmk?" Rose was eager to found something about this case on her own.

"Sounds good, you know where to find me or how to reach me."

Rose walked out and headed back down to the file room. As eager as she was she felt a pang of disappointment. I guess they were right. It's not connected to The Doctor. Oh well, at least I figured it out before I got my hopes up too high....Rose, he won't come back, isn't coming back, and can't come back. I'm stuck without him. Until the day I die and after.

Rose got her phone out of her pocket. She started typing " Found anything yet? ~Rose" and sent it to Mickey. Message Sent. Rose sorted through files by dates. She started with the 1960's, the time where Jack told her that they started the experimenting. Rose looked at her phone, it had been 10 minutes since she sent the text to Mickey. Why isn't he answering? Rose sent another text, " Hello, Mickey? You going to answer me or what? I'm going to come up there if you don't answer me. ~Rose" Message Sent