Chapter 11

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. It's hard, new to high school and the strict teachers and such. It's easier to update more quickly and have the chapters be short than to have long chapters. That takes more time. But you guys comment what you want.

~H

-----------------------

The day was all centered around questioning, if they could get answers out of these kids they could be another step closer to solving the case. This case was taking a great amount of time to complete than the usual cases, just dragging on, or so it seemed to Rose. 'And what if it turns up to be a false end or something?' Rose thought to herself, feeling doubt fill within her and not for the first time.

Rose was not feeling hopeful with this case, dragging her feet through the entrance doors to Torchwood. She knew where she was needed, which was downstairs in the basement where they held the suspects. Rose carried herself there, but she wasn't feeling it today but then again, none of the others were too. She walked into the conference room, her shoulders sagging slightly. At the center table sat Jack, Mickey, and Susan. Rose sat down, noticing everyone looked weary and tired. The only noise was the only sound of the refrigerator humming in the background.

"Well, morning. Can we all be fake happy at least? It's not like we're going to have this long of a case everytime, but its our job. Plus, we're getting closer. Cuppa anyone?" Rose didn't like to feel tired and hopeless, and she especially didn't like being surrounded by it. Rose wasn't one to give up easily, her time with the Doctor had proven that, and she stood up no matter what, even when others wouldn't.

Grumbles were the only responses from the boys, but it meant that they would want a cup or maybe two. "A-a, yes please." Susan said, flashing a quick, thankful smile at Rose.

"'Course. Apparently a tiring morning makes manners go away." Rose said with a teasing smile, while raising an eyebrow and looking directly at the boys.

Jack yawned. "Or a restless night."

"I slept like a baby. Enjoyed some pizza and telly." Rose smiled, trying to keep a lively manner.

"And ya didn't even botha me to ask if I wanted to join?" Mickey asked, Rose suspecting an underlying meaning to those words. Mickey and her used to be something, but Rose had broken it off and there were moments when Rose questioned whether he was still mad at her for that.

"Well, perhaps another time we all can have pizza together. I wanted to be alone for a night." Rose answered honestly.

"Uh-huh sure, just wanted all the pizza for yourself." Mickey teased, seeking lighthearted now. Everyone smiled, their spirits rising. They enjoyed sipping on their tea and dicussing whatever came to mind, which helped even more with rising all their moods, before finally deciding to get to work.

"When's this Tin Dog gonna get some action?" Mickey asked, rubbing his hands together eagerly as he wanted to help.

"Mickey, being in there alone with Wes would probably make you pee your pants. When dead lab rats fell on you, you screamed like a little girl." Jack said with a playfully tone but nonetheless, Mickey's cheeks brightened with blush.

"Wh-who told ya?" He asked, his eyes widened and his ego bruised a little.

Rose had a guilty look written all over her face. "Sorry." She smiled apologetically.

He only sighed and pursed his lips, it was hard to get mad at Rose for Mickey.

"Okay, enough chit-chat. Let's do this. It's now or never!" Jack grinned and put his hand out.