Chapter 5

Author's Note

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for 52 reads! Ahhh! That is awesome!! So here is the usual but PLEASE leave feedback if you are enjoying it or tips to make my story better! If you truly like doctor who and want an easy way to contact me, I have an instagram (Doctor Who one) @elloimthedoctor! So follow or that is an easy way to contact me, if you don't on here. So comment/vote/share with others! Thanks guys!

**Note all side font (For the most part pretty much) Is Rose's thoughts.

ENJOY :D Also this will probably be a short/shorter chapter cause I wrote a lot on the last chapter!

~H

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The smell of fish and chips hit Rose in the face, she took a deep breath in because it smelled so delicious and furthermore made her stomach growl. "Somebody's hungry.." Jack chuckled. "Your inner wolf is howling." Mickey added with laughter. "Haha, very funny."Rose said slightly annoyed, but Rose couldn't help but peek a smile. They laughed and teased each other until they had reached the shop. A little shop that served fish and chips wrapped in news paper, a little shop called 'Poppies' Such a lovely little place, fresh food and beautiful live music!

They walked into the cozy resturant and the three walked up to the counter. "3 servings of fish and chips for us, thank you." Jack had a clear american accent.

"W-would you like any drinks with that sir?" The girl seemed in flustered by Jack's undeniable charm and looks.

"Sure, please. 3 Smalls." He flashed her a charming grin and she blushed bright red.

"Y-your drinks will, uh, be out in a moment-I mean here are your drinks and your food will be out shortly." Her cheeks flared even brighter.

"Thank you." Rose gave her a sympathetic smile. They got their drinks and sat down waiting for their food. "Poor girl..Jack you got to stop flirting so much!" Rose scowled him. He put his hands up in the air, an action signifying his innocence. "Uh huh, sure.." Rose rolled her eyes and looked out the window. The snow continued to fall slowly outside, this time it was genuine snow. Hopefully it's not ashes from a alien ship burning in the atmoshpere..Rose's thoughts always seemed to stray to The Doctor.

Jack and Mickey knew the look on her face but let her have a moment to herself. The music was playing to the tunes of well known christmas songs. It was a talented young man on the guitar, strumming with gentle precision. The music wasn't blasting or not too quiet, it was just perfect.

I wonder if he is all alone, all alone for this coming christmas. He needs a hand to hold and that hand should be mine. Rose felt her sorrow return, it seemed to have become a close friend, and the weight of it a burden upon her shoulders.

Rose didn't notice the small glances of concern she got from Jack and Mickey every so often. She was too lost in the thoughts of her Doctor. Does he ever think about me any more? Does he even miss me? Oh, what I would give to just see him again. To say what needs to be said. Tears collected in Rose's eyes. It is so awful to think about him, it just hurts too much but he is such an unforgettable man- alien. Rose felt the warmth of hands on her own. She looked over to her friends and they gave her comforting smiles. "I-I'm sorry. It's just so hard." Her voice was hushed, not wanting to draw attention. She leaned into Jack and he wrapped an arm around her back, rubbing his hand in a friendly gesture to comfort her. She sniffed, blinking away her tears and wiping any that had managed to escape down her cheeks.

"Order for Captain Jack!" Mickey got up from the table, feeling useless at the moment, and walked over to pick up the food. Sadness was in both of the men's eyes for their broken hearted friend. Mickey felt a pang of anger towards The Doctor blossom in his chest. He hated seeing Rose so hopeless and so broken, when normally she was the optimist and strong, and the Doctor was the reason why. Mickey carried the trays of food and placed them on the diner table. Jack was still comforting her as she tried to rid of her depressing thoughts.

"It's alright Rosie. You've got us. Just let it out."

How do they put up with me? I couldn't ask for anything except them. Okay Rose, you've let it out. Wipe up these last few tears and don't let another one out. You're fine, you're the queen of fine, the queen of okay and of doing just alright.

Rose slipped out of Jack's arms. She wiped her eyes once more and excused herself to the Ladies Room. "I've got to go to the loo, I'll be right back." Rose looked into the mirror, her eyes were brimmed red and mascara had been wiped on her cheek from rubbing away her tears. She grabbed a paper towel and ran it under the water. She gently wiped the makeup off her face and took a deep shakey breath in and let it out. Rose finished touching up her makeup and continued to tae in some deep breaths that allowed her to clear her clouded mind.

She exited the loo and headed back to her table with a small smile, reassuring the boys that she was okay. They had already begun to chow down on their food and Rose sat down and stuffed down her own food. She had been extremely hungry and the food was a satisfying. The chips were cut good and thick and a nice crunch as you bite into the fluffy center. The fish tasted just as equally as delicious. None of them spoke as they were too hungry and busy on their current task of devouring their meal.

When they finished with their food Jack was the first to speak. "So after today or maybe after a few more days of investigating online and through files, we can visit the hospital where this seems to be happening." Rose and Mickey nodded in agreement, it sounded like a good enough plan.

"When will we be going?" Rose tried to keep the conversation flowing.

"As soon as possible and when we have all the evidence we can muster up. So maybe tomorrow, or maybe a day, or two. " Jack answered the question. "Mickey, fill me in on what you have found."Jack insisted.

" I don't think I really found anything, I'm kind of confused at the moment. I kind of found, not 100% sure about this but I noticed a pattern of where this disease thing has been happening, mostly where Rose and The Doctor had been but most of their travels were on the original earth. So, I don't know if it counts really in Pete's world."

Jack thought for a minute, "Good thinking, I don't know if it counts either since technically this is the wrong universe but it may. " Jack ran his hand along his face. He was just as confused as the other two were.

"If this is happening in Pete's world, this will happen in the original earth too, yeah?" Rose asked, her last hope that it may be connected to The Doctor was clinging for dear life.

"Probably, there is a slight chance, yes. Why?" Jack was puzzled.

"Well, then that means that those actions of the doctor and I could have happened here. Correct? " Rose explained.

"Maybe, just maybe like we said."

Rose's hope gained. Doctor, oh Doctor please. Please come and see me. I need you. Maybe if I wish hard enough I will get through his physic paper. Please Doctor. We've got a case you may just want to see.

------------------------------------------

OKAY! Two chapters in one day! And this one wasn't as short as I thought it was going to be! It may be a little while til the next chapter will be done so thats a heads up!

I really hope you guys are enjoying this Fan-Fic! :D

~H