Chapter 3

He pulled as hard as he could, but the legendary Z sword wouldn't budge. Finally looking he saw that his hands had been rubbed raw, he pulled one last time, and with a great amount of effort and more determination in his raw little finger than some people have in their whole bodies, he became the first man in centuries to hold the sword, it was so heavy that he dropped it immediately.

"What's wrong? Can't stand a challenge?" The red skinned Kai asked him as he tried to lift the sword.

He tried and failed, but after failing once he gave up. A look of astonishment went to the man who had pulled it out of the stone, and then to the Grand Supreme Kai himself.

"Well I told you it was heavy. So don't say I didn't warn you." The second strongest repeated as he tried again to lift the Z sword off the ground.

Wherever you are dad, I hope you're training for this too. When I finally see you again, I'm going to win. And Trunks. Don't you dare be slacking off either. I'm sure not." he thought as he gathered his strength. He planned on taking his planet back by words or by force. In most cases he had observed, the pen was definitely not mightier than the sword. Pens were always more liftable though.

_______________________

"Grandpa who was that?" They asked Goku.

"I...I don't know. But I'm going to find out guys. Don't you worry about a thing."

"Oh no you don't! Your not leaving me again!" BAM.

"You" BAM "always" BAM "leave" BAM "when" BAM "your FAMILY" BAM "needs" BAM "you most!"

Six more dents in her best cast iron skillet were forming and six goose eggs had shown up across Goku's forehead and crown.

Bulma was quietly snickering, trying not to think about what just happened to her only son.

"I'll never have grandchildren!" Bulma cried out at the realization.

"Oh Trunks why do you always do this to me?" She said more to herself than her son.

Goten and Pan were looking at her with sympathy and Chi-chi was thinking of buying a new skillet and making this one the saiya-skillet. Or maybe swat skillet. The saiyan swatter model Chi-chi.0. Yep, she was satisfied and obviously only thinking of herself at the moment.

"Looks like my time is up guys. Sorry to leave so soon but it was nice to see you all again! Listen kids, especially you Goten, take care of your sister okay? Don't let anything happen to each other I'll watch out for you as much as I can, but I won't be able to physically help. Meaning your pretty much on your own kiddos." He looked at Bulma.

"I'm sorry about Trunks, but it does get better after the thought of him dead sinks in. He'll be back eventually. I can feel it, so don't be so down. Enjoy having the house to yourself for a change!" Goku tried to console her.

"I-i'll try." She whispered and at that, Roshi's sister Baba, the witch, appeared to take Goku back to Otherworld.

"Bye, for now guys. I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." As they exchanged quick goodbyes Chi-chi couldn't help but wonder where Gohan was. He was killed by the androids after all.

_______________________

The man holding the Z Sword, now using it like an extension of his body dropped it immediately as he felt his heart beating fast and the rush if blood flowing under his skin.

He didn't have to see the missing halo for proof he felt it. He was alive.

"Kabito! Look at this! I'm alive?" He called to the red skinned Kai.

"Gohan that is wonderful, but you can not leave until you finish your training."

Gohan already knew that though. And he also knew that Earth was in some sort of danger. It was up to him to stop it too. He just prayed that the fighters left on Earth would lay low until he could step in. He didn't need anymore deaths on his hands. Trunks was enough to get his determination to finish back, but this new life made him for excited than determined. He would finish soon too. He had been training for the past nearly nine years. The lowest time ever recorded to finish Kai training was ten years. He would just have to beat that record.

Thinking about Earth always reminded him of the last phone call he ever made. To Videl, and the last two words he ever heard her say still haunted him. "I'm pregnant."

He had only wanted to keep her safe from the androids so he never went to see her often and the way things went at the end of his life he never got the chance to find out if it was true or not. Being in a relationship with anyone while being constantly hunted by the androids for a "somewhat decent" fight always meant people near you in danger. If she was pregnant, then no way could he go to see her. It would risk too much, and only a week later he died.

_______________________

I flew wearily down snake way to king Kai's place. The thought of my mother being alone on Earth with that monster running around makes me sick.

All I can do now though, is hope for the best. I thought.