Chapter 11

Gohan remained speechless as Videl appeared in front of him in the arms of another man.

He placed Pan and Goten down behind him and met the gaze of the man who looked exactly like his father and came to te conclusion he wasn't with Videl like that.

"Listen. I-I can explain." Videl stuttered.

"Please do. I'd love to know why you kept something this big from  me, and you're training with some random man that shows up to your door step! What happened to the promise we made. Do you even remember that?" he said quietly but powerfully not being able to stop the hurt look from etching itself on his face and taking a step backwards. Videl's eyes were wide with shock for two reasons. She didn't understand how he knew so much and also because not only did she remember the events Gohan was bringing up, but she thought about them everyday and how she wished she could do it over. The guilt had weighed on her mind ever since then.

"Videl, I haven't been completely honest with you. I know we've been together for a while and I meant to tell you sooner its just I dont want to lose you. Not very many people react positively to what I'm about to tell you. Just please, please promise you won't hate me..." Gohan whispered tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear with his good arm. She had never seen him on the verge of tears like right now before. Not even when he had shown her his father's grave.

"Nothing could ever make me hate you gohan, and... I haven't been completely honest with you either." she gulped preparing to reveal the secret she swore she'd never tell.

"I-I'm not human. My dad is from another world and that made him crazy strong.  That's how I fight the androids everyday." he muttered quickly.

Videl's eyes opened in shock but not for the reason Gohan thought.

"W-what planet?" she asked feeling horrified.

"You wouldn't know it if I told you."

"No please, this is important." she pleaded.

"The name of the planet was Vegeta." he said confused. Videl's face paled and her palms got sweaty as she began to think of a lie. Any lie that could save her. She'd been with Gohan for two years running from the androids. She had always suspected him of being Saiyan but he never acted like it. He was so kind and compassionate and pure.

"What did you want to tell me? it can't be worse than that." Gohan tried to assuage her.

"M-my mom was killed by a Saiyan when I was four. That's why I was wondering." she mummbled and buried her head in his chest to hide her face. She knew he could tell if she was lying.

"I am so, so sorry, but Videl I will never hurt you. I'm not like them. I'm still the old Gohan,  I just hope you can forgive me for hiding his from you for so long. From now on, I swear I won't keep anything from you." she could tell how guilty he felt about all this, and it only made her own guilt worse. She had just neglected to tell him the biggest secret she had ever kept, and it was too late for her to tell him now.

"I love you Gohan. I still do." she whispered.

He let out a sigh of relief and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Let's promise to always be honest with each other. Honesty is the foundation of a relationship and I don't wanna lose this one, you mean way too much to me." he said looking her in the eye.

"Promise?"

"Promise." she said burying her face in his neck.

"It works both ways ya know." Gohan muttered feeling utter betrayal.