Chapter 3

Yazan's Pov, enjoy guyyz :)

"Ammi, I am leaving for office. Khudahafiz" I said hurrying out of the house to my car.

"Yazan, wait" she called out.

"What ammi, I am getting late" I said looking back.

" Have you had breakfast?" she enquired.

"Yes ammi I had juice and a toast" I said assuring her.

She was always this protective about my eating habits and if by chance I could not have my lunch at office she apparently finds me thin. Can you believe that? I mean just by skipping a lunch how in the world can a person lose weight.

"Thats it!!" she said her eyes popping out.

"Its okay ammi, I'll have something to eat at the office" I said chuckling.

"No no, you dont eat anything at office. Just let me give you lunchbox" she said almost running back towards the kitchen.

"Seriously Ammi, I Yazan Siddiqui, owner of the company will take lunchbox to office" I said amused and shocked at the same time.

"What will my subordinates think of me?" I said frowning.

"Nothing. And you shouldnt care what people think of you. You should only care what Allah swt thinks of you" she said coming towards me with a huge box in her hands.

"Ya Allah ammi whats in this. Is it just for me or for the whole office?" I asked shocked at the huge lunchbox.

"It is for you my dear but dont hesitate to share" she said giving a million dollar smile.

Aah this smile. I can do anything for it.

"Ok my love" I said kissing her cheeks and taking the lunchbox from her hands and saying salam I crawled in my BMW and headed for the office.

On entering office I saw almost everyone staring at me in an amusing manner. Then it came to my mind that I am carrying the biggest lunchbox in my hand.

"Good morning sir" as everyone greeted me and replying back I slipped into my room as fast as possible.

I am always the shy one. I could never attract attention. Too many glances at me and I become dead. Not literally. Like I am not able to move.

I removed my coat before sitting and hung it at the back of the chair.

Knock. Knock.

"Yes come in please" I said looking at the files and papers lying on my desk.

"Good morning sir" someone said with the most flirtatious voice anyone could make.

Uughh.

I know the voice. Hiba. She is the HR executive and ever since she has been recruited in the office she has been hitting on me. I purposely dont hire any girl to be my immediate subordinate because it would be difficult to work with lowering gaze. Also I have a guy as a personal secretary. For that, I never could get the logic behind everyone getting a female personal sceretary. But she, being HER, would always find silly reasons to come to my room.

I just glanced at her and then looking back at the documents I greeted her back.

"Yes, Hiba how can I help you? And please call Stephen to tell me the appointments that are lined up for today." I said frowning at the her, not exactly but indirectly at the papers.

"I came only for that, sir. Stephen is on leave today and you have to spend the rest of the day with me" she said grinning.

"Whaat?" I asked looking up at her and then quickly looking down.

"I..I mean Sir, here are your appointments" she said putting a diary in front of me.

"Thank you. But you dont need to bother, I will take care of everything. You go do your work." I said bored turning the pages of the diary.

Why in the world do people have to go on leave. To leave me to a hungry flirting woman like her.

"Oh dont worry about me Sirr. I will be more than happy to help you. I am just outside your cabin, feel free to call me." she said excitement in her voice and fear in my whole body.

I just sat there dumbstruck. How can be people like this and being a muslim doesnt she know that all that she is doing is so very much wrong in the eyes of Allah.

Ya Allah help me.

And with this short prayer I returned back to my work.

It was time for Zuhr Salah and as there was a masjid nearby I made sure that I pray tha salah there. So after like 20 minutes I came back in my office only to my horror to see Hiba sitting on the chair opposite to that of mine.

As I entered I coughed and hearing this she stood up.

"Yes,Hiba what do you want?" sounding as calm as I can be and at the same time sounding like a boss.

"Sir, its time for lunch. I brought biryani from my home so I thought, would you like to eat?" she said smiling extending her hands with the box towards me.

"Umm.. No thank you. I have got my lunch." I replied sitting on the chair.

Seeing her still in the same place and not inching even a point from her place, although I thought that with such clear denial she would leave.

I asked her again " Now if you'll leave I have to do some work. Thank you" I said still looking down at my papers. And as she left I let out a sigh of relief.

---------

"Assalamualaikum, ammi, pop." I call my dad pop. He is the best dad. He is more like a friend to me than being a father and I thank Allah for giving me him and my ammi.

Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) says parents occupy a high position especially the mothers. Even the whole world's treasure cannot be priced against a single drop of mother' milk, Alhumdulillah. Such is the position of mother in Islam.

The status of women in Islam is very high. The Daughter opens the door to Jannah for the father. A Wife becomes half of the Imaan and Faith for husband.
And a Mother, well, the entire Jannah is put beneath her feet. SubhanAllah. Alhumdulillah.

As I was thinking all of these gifts of Allah ammi came out of the kitchen "Walaikumassalam Yazan" and as she came closer I came forward and gave a kiss on her forehead.

"Where's Pop?" I asked sitting on the couch taking the glass of water from ammi's hand which she brought with her from the kitchen.

"Oh he has gone out for some groceries, must be coming any minute. You want something to eat? I was just making some sandwiches." she asked running her hand on my head.

"You come sit with me ammi, I'll take it by myself" I took her hand and patted to the place next to me.

"Yes, I will sit but first let me bring you the sandwiches. You are looking so tired, I wont let you do any work" with this she left for the kitchen.

"You are spoiling me ma" I called out on her back.

At the dinner me ammi and pop were finished with dinner and were having rasgullas when all of a sudden pop asked, "Yazu, what do you think about marriage?"

I stunned at his question was about to put the spoonful of rasgulla in my mouth, the spoon stopped in front of my mouth.

"Pop, dont you think you are old enough for marriage, and besides you are already married" I said chuckling taking a glance at ammi and hoping that the topic changes, but to my dismay.

So here is Yazan. Hope you all like it.

Vote. Comment. Share.