Chapter 26

Sarah

"Assalamualaikum Hana" I said balancing my phone on my shoulder while searching for a nice dress in the wardrobe.

"Walaikumassalam darling" she chirped and I shut my eyes, as my heart skipped a beat.

"Dont call me that" I grumbled.

"Why? Does anyone else calls you that?" she teased me and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and tell me which colour I should wear. He must be coming any minute and I havnt decided my clothes till yet" I whined.

"Okay..where did you say you are going?" she asked.

"Tsk..To his friend's house for a dawat, he has gone out to bring something for him and had asked me to get ready. He told me in office today only, otherwise I would have decided earlier. Now tell meee" I cried at the end and she chuckled.

"As far as I remember, you never gave much thought into what to wear when you go out, umm..lemme think...you want to look good in front of Yazan bhai..Haan" she said.

"Aarrggh..you are of no help. Get lost" I disconnected the phone and threw it on the bed all the while thinking that what Hana said, was it true? Naaah. I shook my head and resumed my work when someone cleared their throat. I looked up to see Yazan standing at the door, his arms crossed over his chest.

"You havnt decided your clothes till yet" he said and I pouted and shook my head. He came and stood next to me and started going through my clothes. I hid my smile at his gesture and after a few seconds he took out a peach colored suit and handed it to me.

"This is too heavy" I said horrified and he shrugged.

"I like this one. Its your choice anyways. Get ready fast and come down" he said and I nodded, and started walking but stopped and turned to look at me.

"Please dont pout next time" he said

He went out closing the door behind him leaving me wide eyed and a dropped jaw. I kept my hand on my heart to calm it. I looked at the dress again and decided what I had to do.

I got ready, adorned my eyes with some kajal, after contemplating whether to put on some gloss or not, I decided on a natural coloured gloss and completed my look with a matching colored hijab. Putting on heels, I made way downstairs. Yazan was there with aunty talking to her when his gaze landed on me and then it was stuck. Awkwardly I descended down the stairs and aunty came up to me and kissed my forehead,

"Masha Allah, my daughter is looking beautiful, hai na Yazan" she looked at him and he nodded absentmindedly, all the while making me nervous with his piercing gaze.

"Lets take picture of you" aunty said and took Yazan's phone from his hand and ushered us to stand close.

We stood next to each other and smiled at the camera when all of a sudden his hand came to rest on my waist and I immediately looked at him, and at that moment the camera clicked.

"Beautiful" she said and I looked away and took a step back. She handed his phone back to him and we left.

His friend and his wife were the nicest people on earth. They were very expressive in showing their love towards each other. They didnt left me alone for even a second and were always including me in their conversation.