Epilogue

Do read the author's note at the end:)
Two years later

Yazan

Life is unexpected. Thats what I had learned in my twenty eight years of life, and must I say, the hard way. I lost my favourite person in my early years, leading to my downfall and depression. But Alhumdulillah for parents, they led me back to my life. I have had my fair share of a ride, a roller coaster ride, of life.

One moment I am sad, the other I was crying out of happiness. The next moment again I was crying with all the problems life throws at me. But still life goes on. And the one thing that I would never regret in my life, Sarah.

So here I am, sitting in the lawn of my home, alone, waiting for my wife and hoping that she soon comes back. Smiling at her image flashing in my mind, I leaned back on the rocking chair, which she once bought for me, saying you do so much work Yaz, this chair will remove all your tiredness.

Out of nowhere, a pair of hands covered me with a blanket making me look up, only to see ammi standing with a soft smile on her face. I smiled back and patted the chair next to me.

"Not sleepy?" she asked sitting next to me, and I shook my head returning back my gaze to the sky filled with stars.

"Missing Sarah" she said again after a few moments of silence and I sighed. Looking at her I smiled a little, who was already looking back at me. I nodded, embarrased and again looked away.

"Why are you not in bed till now?" I asked looking ahead.

"Not sleepy" she shrugged making me chuckle.

"Its a full moon" she said making me smile again.

"Sarah loves gazing at the moon and the stars" I told her reminiscing the day when I came to know about this love of hers.

It was late and she still hadnt returned to the room. I was waiting for the past half an hour, pacing around as I couldn't actually focus on my work. I needed her here, in my arms. I wanted to hug her, kiss her.

"She must have started playing playstation" whispering to myself, I huffed and walked down the stairs in frustration. But she wasnt in the living room. I started walking towards my parents' room, thinking she must be there, but stopped on seeing the door to the lawn opened. Walking outside, I saw her, sitting on the bench, her back towards me, looking up at the sky.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" I said reaching next to her, looking at my watch, which showed almost midnight.

"Ya Allah" she shrieked alarmingly, looking at me with wide eyes, her hand on her chest, making me stifle back my laughter.

"You scared me" she said hitting me on my arm, while I pulled her closer sitting next to her.

"What are you doing here? I was waiting for you" I asked softly, wrapping my arms around her, while she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Isnt it beautiful?" she asked looking up at the sky, and I followed her gaze.

"The starry night, the moon, the beautiful vast sky" she again said softly, her eyes twinkling, her face shone with the moonlight.