Chapter 31

Assalamualaikum beautiful readers!!  I have written a one shot story for a competition. The title is 'The Broken Path'. You can easily find it on my profile. Do check it out guyz.. And here is the next update, which you all were waiting for. Enjoy.

Sarah

One more day passed, with his ignorance at its peak and all I could do was look at him with anticipation, when he would come and talk to me casually, call me darling and kiss my forehead.

"Sarah, I am leaving" his voice came next to me and I jumped up looking at him. Okay, he talked to me, thats an improvement. I immediately nodded and taking my belongings, followed him.

"Yazan, did you talk to uncle and aunty? Have they reached safely?" I asked breaking the silence of the car, and also to make him talk.

"Hmm"

Thats it.

"What hmm.. Yazan? I am asking a question and you have to answer..not humm" I yelled in anger, heat creeping up my face. I have had enough of his ignorance, and that too without my mistake.

"Yes. They have reached safely. Alhumdulillah." he replied in a monotone.

"Whats wrong with you Yazan? Did anything happen? You can share it with me..you know right?" I asked softly keeping my hand on his arm but his expressions were the same.

"Everything is fine" he said and the car came to a halt. With this said, he stepped out of the car and left. Looking around I realised, that we had reached home.

I am not going to leave him like that. I am gonna take my answers today. I followed him to our room and waited for him to come out of the bathroom. The shower closed and I geared up myself to confront him. Standing up, I crosed my arms over my chest and tried to look as dangerous as I can.

He came out rubbing his head with the towel and ignored me as usual. For a moment I was lost in his good looks. How can a man be so handsome and..hot?

Woah..where did that come from? I could feel my cheeks getting heated, but shaking my head vigorously, I decided to focus on things that are more important right now.

My husband and his foul mood.

By now he had taken out his laptop and was working on it. I groaned internally and taking a deep breath, I walked up and stood next to him. I decided to take it small.

"What will you have for dinner? I'll have to tell Rukhsana"

"Anything"

"Yazan, will you please explain why are you behaving like this?"

No reply.

"Mr.Yazan Siddiqui. I am talking to you. Look at me while I talk" I said in a stern voice and he sighed and closed the laptop and looked at me.

"What?" he asked and I rolled my eyes. Ya Allah, I feel like a school teacher trying to discipline a kid.

"I am asking, what's wrong with you?" I asked looking straight at him while he averted his gaze.

"Nothing's wrong. Everything is fine" he again said and I clenched my fists to control the anger that was about to unleash.

"Fine? You say this fine?" I almost yelled pointing at both of us when he got up and went to stand near the window crossing his arms, his back towards me.