Chapter 15

Yazan's POV

I was lying down on my bed recalling the events of today. I could never have imagined that  so much could happen in a single day.

That basta** Ehsan. He had made advances on girls earlier also and I had warned him again and again but this time... he went beyond his limits.

That poor soul..Sarah. She..she is different. She is so simple, so pure that I have this urge to protect her, to care for her. I feel that if the cruelties of this world will touch her, she will shatter just like a glass.

I remember when Stephen told me that he saw Ehsan going towards the store room sneakily. And it dawned on us at the same time that Sarah goes there to offer namaz, and thats how we raced towards the store room and found Sarah standing with tears in her eyes with Ehsan almost hovering over her.

I was calling the police when I saw Sarah sitting on the floor like a dummy, tears running down her eyes.

I went and sat beside her and called her name. But she didnt listen. Guilt took over me. It was all my fault that she had suffered. She was my employee and it was my duty to keep her safe. But I failed. I called her again two times and she looked towards me the third time.

I asked her if she was okay but she didnt answer. I said I was sorry but before I could say any further she ran out crying uncontrollably. I motioned Stephen to go after her and I went to my cabin.

After sometime Stephen came and told me that she had locked herself in the washroom. Stephen was not only my secretary but he was my best friend. I was tensed, guilty, angry and much more. He told me not to blame myself, that it was not my fault before even telling him that I was feeling something like that.

When Hiba came I explained the incident to her and asked her to check on Sarah, as Stephen had told me that she would be more comfortable with some female and he was right.

I went after Hiba and stood at the end of the lobby when Sarah opened the door and bear hugged Hiba, crying again.

I dont know what was happening to me. Seeing her in that condition I just wanted to rip off Ehsan's throat. I wanted to console her, to protect her, to hug her. Astaghfirullah.

"He touched me here"

I couldnt forget these lines. They kept repeating again and again in my mind in her sobbing voice.

I returned to my cabin. After sometime Hiba came with Sarah and asked for the ointment. Thats when I saw her cheek all red and scratched. She was looking down and fidgeting with her fingers. Just when I was about to look away her upper body swayed in the air and she was about to fall when I shouted her name, "SAARAAH" and Hiba caught her before I could hold her.

Ya Allah what was I going to do. I was about to hold her. Alhumdulillah Hiba grabbed her before I could.

Then I kind of decided that she should rest in my cabin when Stephen told me that I had to go to the police station to complete the formalities. She was hesitant at first and I knew why. So I told her that I will not be in the office and then she gave in.

It did not take much time and Ehsan was behind the bars. I came out and decided to go home as it was noon only and I had no important work at office today. Also I didnt wanted to intrude Sarah's privacy.

As I was going to my home my phone buzzed only to be known that an important meeting had been preponed. And the file was in my office locker of which the keys were with me, so I had asked Stephen to reach the venue of the meeting and welcome the clients and I hurried toward office.