Chapter 41 (1)

Sarah

He hadn't visited today.

And.. I dont care. Yes. That was what I wanted all along. Right? But him being a stubborn person, didn't even gave a thought to what I wanted.

You are lying. You are missing him.

A voice spoke from inside and I tensed.

Shut up heart. I don't miss him. Okay.

I chuckled nervously shaking my head.

Badly.

The same voice again spoke, making me close my eyes, and I sighed. Okay. Maybe I was missing him. But just because, he used to come every single day. And he wasnt here today. I was worried if anything happened to him.

Or worse. He had stopped trying to make me forgive him.

The thought made my hands shiver and a sob erupted from my throat, thinking about the worse. I am an emotional mess right now. I dont know what I wanted.

I wanted to listen to him, but then I think I don't. I wanted to forgive him, but then again, I think that I wont.

Aarghh..

I wanted to pull my hair right now. I wasnt able to think and come to a conclusion. How can I? Its a matter of my life, and how much I tried and wanted to forget everything that happened, I couldn't. The memories, one or the other way, came back crashing down on me, making me fall into the pits of mourning again and again.

But right now, only one thought invaded my mind.

Why didn't he come today?

Was he okay?

Just then the bell rang, indicating the arrival of someone and my heartbeats started racing. I quickly looked at the clock, and it was ten at night, and I wondered why he came so late. But then relaxed, putting a stop to my weird thoughts.

Alhumdulillah, he was alright. Honestly, I was happy, and it was the first time in the past month, that I was happy that he came. I quickly sat straight, waiting for him to enter, my heart picking up its pace, as I fidgeted with my fingers while looking at my lap.

"Sarah" a feminine voice came and I frowned. Before I looked up, I realised whose voice it was, and my eyes widened as my head jerked up towards the source. There stood Hana, with tears glistening her eyes, and upon seeing me, she rushed towards me and crashed into my arms, as I wrapped my arms around her sobbing form.

"I missed you so much" I said, my voice cracking and tears ready to fall from my eyes.

"Me too" she whispered, not breaking the embrace.

"You know I am loving the hug, but its hurting" I said sheepishly and she immediately backed away, with a worried look in her eyes.

"Oh My Allah, I am so sorry. I was so overwhelmed on seeing you, and I actually forgot that you had an accident. I mean I didnt forget, the bruises on your face show that you have been through worse, and-"

And there goes Hana, all in her glory, rambling like before, as I continued to watch her with a smile on my face. She looked beautiful as always, wearing a baby pink coloured hijab with a white suit.