Chapter Seventeen: 1809

Steve dragged me to the elevator and waited for it to come get us. i knew he was pissed at me, but he was getting under my skin. He threatened Amira, which I don't take lightly. Once the doors opened, he shoved me inside and I shake it off and lean against the window.

"Operations Control." Steve says and leans next to me.

"Confirmed." The elevator replies and starts to close the doors. Steve looks at me. He goes to say something, but agents come in. It was Rumlow.

"Forensics." He told the elevator.

"Confirmed."

"Captain, Shadow." Rumlow says to us.

"Rumlow." Steve says and turns to face the doors. I lean against the window, and stare at the giant base. As we start to go down, Rumlow turns to us.

"Evidence response found some fibers on the roof they want us to see. Want me to get the tack team ready?"

"No, Lets wait and see what it is first." Steve tells him. Rumlow nods and seems disappointed. Steve looks at the men and notices something. I look and one of them have their hand on their holster. They also looked nervous. We stopped once more,  and suits came in with briefcases. It was starting t get crowded.

"Administrations Level."

"Confirmed." The doors closed and we had to adjust so we were in the middle.

"Sorry about what happened with Fury. Messed up what happened to him." Rumlow says. 

"Thank you." Steve says, but he can tell that something is up. I look to the people next to me, and they are sweating with nervousness. I grab Steve's hand and he squeezes back to say, I know. The doors open once more, and three thug looking agents enter and stand in front of us. As the doors close, my heart beats faster. Steve lets go of my hand and speaks.

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve asks.

"I would if I were you." I growl. The man in front pulls out a tazer rod and my heart stops, I recognize that weapon. He lunges at Steve, who dodges it. I get pulled away from him and they use the tops of the briefcases to attach me to the wall. They got one on and I kicked him off before the other. the tazer goes into y side and I start to twitch in pain.

"We found you experiment 1809. Time to go home." He says. i freeze i horror. They were back for me.....I was going back.

"MIKA!" Steve shouted to break me out of my trance. I wrap my legs around the man's neck and choke him. Someone grabs my leg and I reach down to grab his head. I use my abilities, and he starts to yell. I notice my fingers turning black again, but I kept going. Steve knocks him out and Rumlow comes at him with the tazer.

"Woah, big guy." he says. "I just want you to know Cap, this isn't personal!" He goes to hit him but Steve dodges and grabs one hand. But the other stick goes into his side shocking him. I kick out, and knock him out.

"Personal my ass." I spat. Steve uses his shield to break off his cuffs and mine. I get down and I nod in thanks. He starts the elevator once more.

"Mika, what did they say to you?" Steve asks. I go to awnser but the doors open to a swat team with Rifles. I look at Steve, unsure what to do. He turns and snaps the elevator cable with his shield. We start to drop fast, but the elevator puts up its defenses and slows us down. we stop and we are in between two floors.

"Great. Thanks for the warning." I say. He opens one of the doors, only to find another swat team. So he closes it. WE were trapped. "Now What!" He looks over the side then at me.

"Jump on." He orders, and I get what he is doing.

"Really?" He rolls his eyes and I jump on. Steve backs up then runs and breaks the window. WE start to fall, and I grip on to Steve more. As we approach the concrete, I use my power to slow us down slightly. However We fell pretty hard, hurting us both. I roll off of him and take a deep breath. How the hell did we survive that?

"Come on!" Steve shouts and grabs my hand. We run to the garage and grab the first bike we find. They start to close the doors but me made it through. As we ride, the spikes come up and a place comes at us. "I got the plane, you get this over!" Steve shouts. I nod.

"I'll give you a boost." I push him up to the plane and then sit in the front. as the spikes get higher, I bend them and jump over. I stop and look up to wait for him. He jumps and the plane crashes behind us. He lands looking all heroic and stuff.

"Very impressive, but we gotta go!" I shout. He jumps on the back and I drive to our apartment. We needed some clothes.

We are officially wanted fugitives.