Chapter Thirty Eight: Choice

Bucky stroked the little blonde sleeping child's hair. He laid her on his little padded chair. Mika was still out on the bed, with Barton siting next to the window on watch. Amira would whimper in her sleep, only to have Bucky calm her down. It was all a waiting game. What would they find when Mika woke up?

Clint sighed and looked at the teen. He never ever saw her like this before. Natasha told him about it, and seemed pretty shaken up about it. Now he understood why. Her skin was pale and sickly, while black travel up her arms like an infection. Her light hair was stained with blood and was scattered on the pillow. Her tight purple vest held daggers sharper than Steve's jaw line. 

He stood up and looked at Barnes. He saw how Barnes was with Amira. He knew the relationship, and he knew what it was to be a dad.

"I need your help." Clint said, keeping his voice down so he wouldn't wake up the girls. Barnes looked at him confused. "You know how to get through to her, I can't."

Bucky shook his head and ran his fingers through his long hair. He would have to go back into his head for this. He would have to think of HYDRA. It could trigger him and he may hurt his baby girl. Amira has been through too much to just tonight, he wouldn't put her at risk.

"If you help me, I will get you and Amira out of here." Clint's words got Bucky's attention. "Listen, I know you care about them, Amira especially but-"

"No." Bucky said, cutting Clint off. "I love them both. They are family."

"I feel the same alright." Clint said calmly. "If you help me, I will get you and Amira out of here. I will tell the team she is at a safe house, so you can spend time with her."

"What about Mika?" Bucky asked. Clint sighed and looked at the girl lying on the ripped up mattress.

"She got out of control, and I have to bring her back to the Tower. She's not gonna like it, but I have too. She killed people, and its up to the Avengers to bring her back." Clint explained. "Banner could probably help her, and her connection with Steve could bring her back."

"Why?" Bucky asked. "Why let me take Amira? I thought I was on your hunted list."

"Because I know what it is like to be a father." Clint told him. "I have been able to be there for every moment for Amira, and I know you want to be there for her. I giving you the option to go."

Bucky looked at Mika. He has been able to see his baby girl because of Mika. He wanted to be there for her. He saw himself in Mika. Broken, scared and fragile. The difference was she had people to hep her, while everyone wanted James dead or in a cell.

"Bu-Bucky?" A whisper came from the girl's body. Her eyes began to open, showing her blue eyes. Bucky lightly took her hand and squeezed it.

"Right here." Bucky said. Mika smiled, then examined her surroundings. Her heart than began to beat fast, she looked around in frantic as she shot up like a rocket.

"Where am I? Where is Amira? Wha-"

"Mik, chill." Clint chuckled. Mika looked at Clint and relaxed slightly. "Amira is fine she is asle-"

"Daddy?" A little voice croaked. Amira slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"Amira? Oh thank go you're alr-" Mika went to go hug her sister, but Amira coward from Mika. She whimpered and hid behind Bucky. It broke Mika's heart. "A..Amira?"

Amira began to cry in fear. She was afraid of her big sister. The one that has been there for her. Amira watched her sister kill people.

Real people.

"Clint...What did I do?" Mika asked, her voice cracked from tears. 

"You went back into HYDRA control for a bit. Brought Amira here, but along the way, you killed people." Clint told her. 

Mika looked at her sister, who was crying in her Father's arms because of her.

"Take me back to the Tower, and lock me up." Mika told Clint.

"Mik, you sure?" Bucky asked.

"I am a monster. You lock me up, and you leave them alone." Mika demanded. She got up and grabbed Clint. She pulled him to the door then looked back at Bucky.

"I'm sorry."

Mika and Clint then left. 

Bucky held his daughter close to his chest, and rocked her back and forth. His heart was breaking, because he saw that in himself.

And now, he has Amira with him alone.