Mistakes

Marlene paced Lily's' kitchen relentlessly. Lily sat at the breakfast counter with mascara smudged under her eyes and her hands resting on her swollen belly. The girls had been in the room for hours but had barely said a word to each other since James had last tried convincing them to sleep. Lily yawned, "What I would do for some alcohol right now is bloody mental."

"Yeah you're the heavily pregnant one, why can't I drink?" Marlene muttered, putting emphasis on the word heavily. Lily looked up at her friend and rolled her eyes.

"Okay lets talk through what we know, god knows it would help more than standing here lusting after firewhiskey.."

"If you honestly think it will help" Marlene mumbled but Lily had already sprung into the story.

"So you've been staying at Sirius' apartment for like 2 months now right?"

"Yeah right after I broke up with Gideon" Marlene said shaking her head. "That in itself was a mistake, I mean what on earth possessed me to run back to him like that!"

"Believe it or not you do indeed have feelings just like the rest of us Marls, you aren't immune to being upset or hurt. So what was the time period between having sex with Sirius and having sex with Gideon?" Lily asked Marlene as she reached for the pen and paper across the table.

"Bloody good job I'm not sensitive really isn't it Lily! Is it possible for your opinion of me to change any more drastically than it had when I turned up on your doorstep six hours ago? Because if it is you might not want to know.." She asked anxiously.

"Give over, I'm not James you nutter. You know that we are past judging! For god's sake Marls I'm sat here looking like absolute shit, 9 months pregnant at 3 am and I haven't slept for the past 4 nights if we are still judging I think I'm the one in trouble." The girls laughed at the state they were in.

"Probably about 7 hours" Marlene whispered hoping that Lily wouldn't hear. Lily looked closely at her friend before pulling her into a hug.

"How on earth did I get myself into this mess?" Tears threatened to spill over Marlene's cheeks as she wished herself out of the situation. The girls pulled apart and Marlene took a deep breath before asking if they could 'just get the bloody thing over and done with.'

"Did he use a condom Marl?" She looked at her friend as she crossed the room.

"Which one Lil?"

Although the girls could be as loud as they wanted, Marlene's reply came out as a whisper. Both girls knew which of the boy's Lily had been talking about.