i hate u i love u (pt1)

At Hogwarts

Feeling used but I'm still missing you

Emmeline still remembered seeing Mary and the boy from Hufflepuff, the ache and wave of pain that hit her as she watched Mary laugh with him and hold his hand the way she used to hold Emmeline's.

And I can't see the end of this

Marlene hated Sirius, and the unpredictability that came with him and their relationship, she couldn't guess what their next argument would be about and the lack of control she possessed nearly killed her.

Just wanna feel your kiss against my lips

Dorcas cried when Remus told her he couldn't be with her, after kissing her by the lake. She ached for the feel of his soft lips and arms to secure her, safe from any harm.

And now all this time is passing by but I still can't seem to tell you why

Remus couldn't get his words out, as Dorcas told him all she wanted was to be with him. But his words were caught and time was moving too fast and he could see him losing her as she was hurt by his abrupt end to their kiss.

It hurts me every time I see you realise how much I need you

Sirius couldn't stand Marlene at times, how she could see and read him so well. When all he needed was some firewhisky and Marlene, to forget the ever growing forces behind Voldemort. He needed her at these times, more than he could ever imagine he would, but he saw her face, the face she pulled every time he needed her like this, it hurt him. Her eyes were sad and she looked much older than she was worn down by the war and the emotional upheaval that came with their relationship. There was pain in her eyes as she saw him needing her, a dependence that hadn't always been so evident.

I hate you, I love you, I hate that I love you

Dorcas hated Remus when he told her he couldn't allow himself to love her, she hated the fact she was head over heels for a boy who refused to let people close to him. She hated the fact she was in love with a kind, fearful, loving boy who just refused to love her back.

Don't want to but I can't put nobody else above you

Sirius had tried to move on at various points over the years, when Marlene had pushed it one step too far. But he had quickly found that nobody else compared to her, nobody else knew him like she did and he couldn't get her out of his head. He was stuck loving the most difficult, most beautiful, most flawed woman in the whole of the wizarding world. And his love for her ran so deep that he knew, he would sacrifice himself before he ever saw her in harms way.

I hate you, I love you, I hate that I want you

Emmeline hated knowing that she wanted Mary, she hated the butterflies she felt in the pit of her stomach when Mary smiled as they passed in the hallway, as though they had always been just friends. Em couldn't help but feel pain stab her in the heart when she realized how much she wanted Mary to be hers again.

You want her, you need her

Remus knew how much he wanted Doe, when she sat in front of him and told him she wanted this, and she didn't care what he said. But sweet little Doe, how could he possibly be so selfish, how could he put her in so much danger. It hurt him to see her upset and knowing that he was the one who caused it tore him apart. And on the lonely nights, he felt sorry for himself as he knew he needed her comfort, and her support yet he denied himself of it.

And I'll never be her

Marlene knew at times, that Sirius wanted her to be less, and at times he wanted her to be more. He wanted something she wasn't, but he loved her for who she was. So when they were next arguing and he asked why she was so difficult, he remembered her telling him flat out who he wanted wasn't Marlene, and that she would never, ever change the way she was for him.

After the first war

I miss you when I can't sleep, Or right after coffee, Or right when I can't eat

Remus still got surprised by his grief for Dorcas. It came in waves, and sometimes they would be calm and present, but would no longer ware him down. And sometimes they would catch him up and be destructive and stormy and would prevent him from sleeping, or eating.

I miss you in my front seat, Still got sand in my sweaters, From nights we don't remember

Sirius still missed Marlene's laugh, loud and unapologetic, but contagious all the same. He would still find pieces of her, long after she was gone. He would blur out the bad parts and only remember the good, the nights that were forgotten but were the peak of his happiness. When Marlene was still a force to be reckoned with.

Do you miss me like I miss you? Fucked around and got attached to you, friends can break your heart too,

Emmeline still wondered if Mary remembered her, and the happy times they had together. She wondered if Mary felt the ache of loneliness when she remembered how quickly they had been over, and how nobody understood why, least of all Emmeline.

AN: Might do a part 2 if people like this? Leave a comment if you do letting me know, or vote:)-S xx