Morning

05:00
Don't ask me why I am up at this time because to be freaken honest, I have no clue. I know school doesn't start back up until after New Years but hey, I guess my brain just decided, 'hey, let's wake up early for no apparent reason even though we don't usually have anything to do!' But it's whatever I guess. All I know is that I have approximately 2 days left before I get to see my dad.

Don't think of it as a bad thing either 'cause it's not. My dad is a drill sergeant at a base located in Virginia. My mom wanted us to move down to the state of lovers but I still had one more year left of high school and would really appreciate it, if I could finish before moving to a place full of lovie dovie nobodies.

The last I spoken to him was 2 weeks ago and we had decided that I'll be the one to meet him at the train station in West Virginia and surprise mom, since she has no clue when he is arriving. I am so excited to see him again I could cry! And if you haven't guessed, well, my dad is in the army.

But I guess you figured it out when I said drill sergeant.

Before yall get all worried and ish, he isn't in combat like the battle and war stuff. He used to that for like a year until mom made him promise not do it anymore because the thought of losing him would be too much. So he is just there to prepare and drill the hell outta the soldiers. And as much as I am proud of my dad, sometimes, I wish he didn't have to be hours away from us. It's not like I didn't grow up without him, but I still would like to wake up every morning and see his face smiling with the little crease under his eye.

But oh well.

05:30

I guess I should just get up and do everything I had planned today.

"RYLER!"

And here she comes...

My mom comes barging through my bedroom door with all sorts of clothes in her hands that, I'm guessing, belongs to me.

"Ry, you're up early ? Are you alright ?" she asks me.

I nod, knowing why she was worried.

Let's just say, I have a hard time sleeping these last few weeks since it is getting close to mid-terms and I have to study with the little time I have.

"I'm okay mom, you don't have to worry about that anymore," I placed my hand on her cheek, "because once I pass the mid-terms, I'll be sound asleep asap."

She only nodded, "Don't study too hard my dear, I don't want you to over-work that huge brain of yours with stress." She turned around about to leave, but then remembered something.

"By the way, I've found all your clothes that you have so claimed to be 'lost'. I've washed them all and now you have to fold them and put them away."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, getting out of bed. "Yes mother. When shall breakfast be served ?"

"Breakfast shall be served 3 hours from now."

"Can I go out with friends instead ?" I pleaded, even holding both of her small, tiny hands in mine.

She rolled her eyes, letting go of my hands wrapped around hers, "Yes, go ahead, but be back before dinner."