Morning

-amazing cover by KC_bear ♥️

0:00

I sat by the train window waving good bye to Kelsey. She smiled and waved back turning around when she could no longer see us.

Kelsey was so nice. Like she wasn't a bitchy no good bitter thot, I expected her to be. She was the complete opposite. She was really nice and sweet and chill too. I just couldn't help but wonder what happened to her and Colton's relationship. I didn't ask him though, since it really wasn't my business but I guess Dominic didn't really care about that.

"So what happened to you and Kelsey's relationship, Colton? Because don't get me wrong, she is pretty and everything but she wasn't what I expected her to be."

I nodded, looking towards Colton, agreeing with him. Colton shook his head and laughed, probably expecting our thoughts. "That's what most people say when they look at us together. But she really didn't care. She would always tell me that, 'you should never judge a book by its cover. No matter how ugly or pretty it may seem, looks can deceive you in a good or bad way.' So I guess I listened to her." He smiled at the memory. "But the reason we aren't together is because we were never really in love with each other, you know? But that kiss back there was her really saying good bye to our old relationship and for a new one to surface. But just as friends though."

I smiled, completely understanding.

I wish Iowa was here to hear all this.

"Make sure you tell Iowa all of this. I'm pretty sure, she'll listen but sometimes information goes in one ear and out the other. She may not even want to see you again over this stupid thing." Colton frowned, looking down at his hands. "But that shouldn't stop you if you really like her. Plus, I'm shipping you both, so make me proud."

I clapped my hands together, feeling accomplished. "And if she does anything stupid," I wrote my number down on a sheet of paper and handed it to him, "just call me and let me know and I'll handle it."

Colton laughed shook his head. "You know I won't do that right? That'll make me look like a pussy. Asking her best friend to help me win her heart. But thanks anyways."

I nodded not wanting to argue with him because I did know for a fact that he would call me because of her.

Then Elliot being Elliot pointed his head towards me and Dominic. "Why aren't you guys together? You guys look perfect for each other, like literally."

I shifted and risked a quick glance at Dom. He was staring intently at Elliot, with an unreadable expression on his face. I looked back at Elliot. "Um we only just met."

He gawked at me, surprised. "Just met? Is this a joke?" He tried to laugh, looking at both of us. When he saw that we were serious, I couldn't believe the look he gave us.

Anger.

"What the bloody hell do you mean, you just met. The way I see you guys talking, makes it seem like you've know each other for a while and you guys kiss like you haven't seen each other in years."

I laughed, which was seen as inappropriate by the looks I was receiving from the boys. I laughed even harder at that, holding my stomach and bending over, even slapping my knee in the process. Some of the passengers on the train were giving me strange looks and I laughed at that too. When my laughter finally died down, I took a deep breath and grinned.

"You're funny Elliot."I wiped a fake tear from my eye.

Elliot just sat there dumbfounded. Colton shook his head chuckling. Dominic...Dominic just looked down at me, his eyes twinkling with laughter. He grinned, displaying my favorite dimples. "You truly are something."

I pretended to gasp and hold a hand at my heart, "Now you take notice of me?"

He shook his head, smiling while I did too.

01:45

I woke up from my small nap on Dominic's shoulder when I felt a small jerk of the train. I rubbed my sleepy eyes, suddenly alarmed that the lights of the train were blinking on and off.

"Hey, what's going on?"

Dominic shrugged. "I don't know but I'm gonna go find out. I'll be right back."

I nodded and waited patiently for him to come back. During the wait, I noticed people start to get off the train. I tapped on an old lady's shoulder. "Um excuse me... do you know why everyone is getting off the train?"

The old lady nodded, her raspy voice filling my ears. "Yes young lady. It appears that there is a technical situation going on with the train and the conductor just informed us it would be okay for us to get off and find a motel to sleep in for the night."

I nodded thanking the old lady. I turned around to where Colton and Elliot laid, still heavily sleeping. I gently nudged their shoulders to wake them up. "Guys get up, we have to go."

Still not getting any responses, she decided to do something so childish.

She licked her index finger and injected it into Colton's ear first. He groaned mumbling, "Stop it Iowa."

That made her freeze. Iowa?

He must really like her to already be fantasizing her in dreams. I smiled at that thought.

I licked my other finger and put it into Elliot's ear. That woke him right up. He looked up at me, confused then looked all around me.

Dominic was walking towards us just as Elliot said, "Where did everybody go to?"

"Off the train. The conductor said that there is something wrong with the train so it'll take a while to fix it."

"How long?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

He sighed running a hand through his hair. "Like 10 hours."

10 hours?! What the hell kind of problem is it?

I gaped at him, hoping he's just messing with me. "You're joking right?"

He shook his head and sighed. "There's a fancy hotel about a mile from here. They said we could stay there for free because of our unfortunate delay. Plus, we're only about 5 to 6 hours away from west Virginia anyways."

I nodded, I slapped Colton in the chest to wake him up. He stood up so abruptly, I almost fell on the floor. "I'M UP!"

I laughed shaking my head.

Men.

Thanks for reading. Btw I would like to apologize if I seemed overeager for you guys to vote and comment on my chapters, in the previous chapter that I made a note of that. So once again, sorry because it's up to you if you want to vote or comment but like most authors, I would really appreciate it if you do.😊