Evening

-picture of Elliot

[ a/n : Just incase you guys have any confusion, I kinda made a mistake at the beginning of the book, the first chapter, when I said Ryler only had a year left of high school. She doesn't, her last year is her senior year which she is in the middle of completing. And also I know I should've went back or whatever but I had stopped writing this book and left it for months and I kinda had to pick up from where I left off. So just to clear that up, I hope you enjoy! ]

16:45

"Dominic and Ryler!" a voice whispered, "you need to wake up," the voice began shaking me roughly, "you get off the train in about 15 minutes."

Now that woke me up. I ripped myself from Dom's embrace, knocking him onto the cold hard floor.

"Ugghh. Ryler!" Dom said, glaring at me as he slowly rose up. He rubbed the bottom of his butt in circular motions.

I turned towards Elliot, the person who woke us up, and had him repeat what he said.

"I said, YOU GET OFF THE TRAIN IN 15 MINUTES!!"

I raised an eyebrow at his tone, when lowkey I was just as wary as he was.

So this is it. We'll get off the train, go our separate ways and never see each other again.

That's what my mind kept on insinuating over and over like a broken record stuck on repeat. I didn't want to argue with my own mind, like come on that's just ridiculous, because Dom and I talked and I guess we settled on the fact that we just say our good byes and when the school year is over, we'll meet again and see if anything changed or we could pick up where we left off.

However, we also came to an agreement that we would understand if we decided to date other people.

Even though I wasn't being completely honest about that fact.

Snapping out of my thoughts, the duffle bag under my chair was suddenly grabbed from under me and I looked up to see who had it.

"Colton? Why do you have my stuff?"

Colton rolled his eyes and left with my bag, Elliot tagging along with with him which only left Dom and me in an uncomfortable silence.

Dom finally stood up after a few seconds. He reached down and grabbed my hand, forcing me to stand up. "You ready?"

Well ladies and gentlemen here is the million dollar question.

Am I ready to leave this train in the hopes of finally seeing my dad after several months of working as a drill sergeant at the base?

Am I ready to leave behind the friends I managed to make on this small but long journey?

But here's the real question: am I ready to leave Dominic in the hopes that he'll come see me after 6 months of school?

I looked into Dom's awaiting blue-hazel-greenish irises and nodded my head. I clasped my hand in his and let him guide me out of the train and into the cold evening air.

I looked around and took a deep breath, trailing my eyes across the people I didn't recognize to see if I could find my father.

He should be here.

I continued to scan the crowd, my hand still tightly holding onto Dom's, not wanting to let go, afraid that I would lose him.

I spotted my dad and another man leaning against a car. The man who I am assuming is Dom's dad, Peter, was accompanied by a woman who had similar qualities as Dominic. And it surprised me by how much I was able to take notice of his mother's appearance from a faraway distance.