Afternoon

-New book cover

12:45

I sat back in my seat looking out the window. All I wanted to do was sleep peacefully but I couldn't because I had so much stuff on my mind.

Iowa texted me to tell me she was already on her way to NY and my other friends I never really hung out with since winter break started, posted Instagram photos of them in different states and countries. One of them was even on a cruise ship heading to the islands.

I posted a picture of the guys and me making silly faces and hash-tagged it #bestnewfriendsever. I immediately got hundreds of likes and comments. Someone even had the nerve to comment, 'who is that delicious piece of white chocolate with the dimples?' I had the strong urge to delete it but I didn't want to seem like a jealous girlfriend.

And to be honest, I have no right to be jealous anyways because we aren't even together.

Another thing I have my mind confused about.

Dominic is 20 years old and I'm not even close to being 18. My birthday isn't 'till school is over. And that's another thing I don't know about him.

Maybe we should've played 20 questions back at Iowa's house. At least I would've known the basic stuff.

And to think about it, the only things I know about Dominic are the things he told me and what I observed so far. Why he was here, where he lives, about his ex, how his mom makes him special dishes whenever he comes back home after a long period of time, how deep his dimples are, how he seems to be the serious type but is very playful, the way he moans and groan, the fact that he has a huge .... , the way his tongue manages to satisfy my needs, and the fact that he doesn't sleep with a shirt or pants–.

I stopped my thoughts and did a double take back.

Isn't that considered a LOT? I named like 10 different things.

I'm really falling for this guy. Hard. And I'm not even sure if I'll be able to stop if I could. I realky want to know if he feels the same way about me because if not, I really need to stop my heart from falling for something that doesn't want to catch it.

Get it? My heart is falling and no one will be able to catch it. LOL

I laughed at my stupid thoughts and jumped a little when my phone buzzed from a text message.

'WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?' It read. I knew it was from mom especially when it was sent in all caps.

I texted her back even though dad warned me not to. I just don't want mom worrying so much and I can't risk dad talking to her. He'll blow his cover. 'I'm visiting Grandma and Grandpa.'

I waited and waited and it seem to take her almost 10 minutes to text me back. 'Fine, Be home before 9. I miss you. :('

I almost teared up at the sight of her sad face emoji. Damn. Now I really wish I wasn't doing this. 'Okay and miss you too, I'll be home mom love you.'

She texted back a second later. 'Love you too.'

I scrolled through my contact list and clicked my dad's number. It rang 3 times before he answered.

"Hello?" Peter answered instead.

"Um hi Peter... is my dad there?" I asked.

"No he's sleeping, I'll wake him up in 2 hours. I'm driving now."

"Oh okay, can you tell him to call me back. I have something important to tell him."

"Sure no problem I will. How's Dominic?" He asked, with an amused voice.

Shocked, I stared at my phone and managed to stutter out, "H-he's fine. How-how'd you know he was here...with me?"

He laughed so loud, I had to pull the phone from my ear. "Ryler, my son and I had a long talk last night or well technically early this morning. He's told me a lot about you and I've never heard him talk about a girl he likes in so long. I even called his mom to tell her about you."

I laughed a little, thinking about how he seems to be a momma's boy. "We aren't dating. And plus he's too old for me."

He chuckled a little. "Ryler you're 17 right?"

"Yes." I sighed.

"Well that's only by 2 years and 7 months apart."

I huffed thinking of another excuse. "My dad would never approve."

Peter sighed into the phone as if he was expecting this answer. "I asked your dad if he would have any problem with my son dating you and he said no."

"Really? Just no?"

If I could see Peter right now, I'd bet he was profoundly shaking his head at me. "Yeah, well he said no and that he could careless if he got on one knee and proposed to you. Well he would care of of course but... you know what I mean. Anyways I can't stay long, I want to tell you that you should give my son a chance. I know he can make you happy and you, him."

"We live in 2 different states. He's going to be in college and I'm trying to finish my last year of high school. How will it work out?" I whispered silently.

This was the BIG fear I had and tried to avoid it as much as possible but the day is about to end soon and I would have to soon say my goodbyes...

"I don't know Ryler,"  he said into the phone after a while, "I don't know. You and Dominic should work things out but be reasonable about it. Please don't do anything stupid that'll make you guys.... um... heartbroken? Gosh I feel like a teenager."

I chuckled a little, shaking my head at him. "Thanks Peter and I'm sorry for calling you by your first name because I don't know your last name." I never called adults by their first name unless they advise me to do so.

"Ryler," he laughed, "that's fine. I'd rather you call me by my first name. I get tired of people saying my last name so much back at base but I know its out of respect. I'll talk to you later, please think about what I said."

I sighed. "Okay I will." I hung up the phone and took a few deep breaths.

Now I gotta go find Dominic.

Thanks for reading!❤️