7 months later

I waited an entire month for him. A whole month for him.

No calls.

No texts.

And no freaken emails from him.

And to make matters even worse, I didn't even have his number. That's the one damn thing I forgot to ask for when we bid our goodbyes. And I know he has my number. I know he does but yet, I haven't heard not one word from him these past 7 months.

Today, I am going to forget about him. Today I am going to not move on but manage to avoid any topic of his name being mentioned. Today I should be allowed one day to forget what happened all those months ago. One day to forget what happened between us.

And as I got up from my bed with a smile of determination on my face I whispered quietly to myself, "Happy birthday Ryler."

I took a quick shower and pulled on a pink and blue bikini I had bought a few days ago for my pool party I was going to throw later on today. On top of it, I pulled on a black flowery dress that hugged my chest nice and tied the straps to the back of my neck. It had a nice flow to it that made me have the strong urge to twirl and twirl as the bottom of my dress would turn into a slim plate.

And I did just that.

I twirled and twirled not giving a care because after all, it is my 18th birthday.

And I intend to enjoy every minute of it.

I went downstairs to see Iowa sitting down patiently by the table counter. She was eating a bowl of cereal and had her phone in her hand talking through it.

"No baby I love you."

Pause.

"No I love you more."

Pause.

"Fine but I still love you."

I rolled my eyes as I sat down beside her. I grabbed the phone from her hand, ignoring her protest to give it back. "Hey Col this is Ryler. What time are you guys getting here because I was planning for all of us to go out before the party starts."

He stopped his 'I love yous'  at the sound of my voice and cleared his throat,  "Hey Ryler, how've you been?"

"I'm fine, how about you? How's Elliot?" I questioned, watching Iowa walk away when she realized I wasn't gonna give back her phone.

"We're both go–" He got interrupted by the sound of another voice in the background.

The phone was snatched from Colton's hand, from what I can hear, and another voice accompanied it.

"Hey RyRy." The voice spoke. It took me a while to register who it was but then it all clicked when I came to a realization that only one person called me by that name.

"Elliot?" I asked the voice, listening to his sudden deep husky laugh.

"Yeah, how are you?" He asked, his voice a lot deeper from what I remembered.

Wow. I guess 7 months could change a person.

"I'm good." I answered. I got up to fix some brunch. "How are you?"

"I'm great, we're getting closer to your house by the way. We had to pick up Kelsey first though... is that cool?"

I shook my head, balancing the phone between my ear and shoulder. "No no it's fine. I haven't seen her since spring break anyways so it will be cool to see her again." I cracked some eggs and fried them in the pan.