Evening

-gif of Dominic

19:00

I woke up to the sound of rustling beside me.

"Ryler, you need to get up." Someone whispeared in my ear.

"Mm but I don't wanna..."

"Well you're gonna miss your train if you continue to sleep all night." I recognized the voice as Iowa's and immediately sat up from the couch I was slouched in. I rubbed my eyes and sat up to take a look at my surroundings.

The tv had been shut off and the curtains were drawn closed. The lamp light was on near the couch where Dominic slept.

Speaking of Dominic, where is he ?

"Iowa, where's Dominic?"

"He went to go shower. My mom told me to come and wake you up that we should get going." Iowa stood up and left, me following close behind.

I went into the guest bathroom to brush my teeth and reapply my makeup that smeared while I was sleeping. I took my hair out of its messy bun and decided to french braid it to the side.

After I've finished cleaning myself up, I went upstairs to Iowa's room to change into some clothes I usually leave over

After I've finished cleaning myself up, I went upstairs to Iowa's room to change into some clothes I usually leave over. I decided that a white t-shirt with black shorts were going to have to manage. I placed the old clothes I had on into a duffle bag. along with my toiletry items and a few extra clothes I might need just in case.

I headed downstairs to watch tv while I patiently waited for Dominic to finish in the bathroom.

Iowa soon joined me on the couch, carrying baby Kevin.

"Aww look at my sweet baby Kevin!" I gushed, stretching my arms out to Iowa so I could hold him. She rolled her eyes and handed him to me. I gradually took him, making sure his head was held up by the bend of my arm and his tiny cold feet secured in the bend of my other arm. I rocked him back and forth, gushing at how cute and peaceful he is whenever I held him in my arms.

"I swear I can't wait to have kids of my own. Babies are just too cute for my own good!" I said, smiling and looking up in time to see Iowa giving me one of her famous eye rolls just as Dominic walks into the room.

He smiled and ran a hand through his wet hair, grazing his lip a little with his teeth, "You ready to go?"

I nodded and gave Iowa her baby brother. "We'll wait for you outside."

She nodded, standing up and taking her brother to Olivia.

I turned to Dominic and smiled, nervously. "So um how'd you sleep?"

"Um it was good I guess. I didn't get enough sleep these last couple of weeks so I'm surprised I slept good." He shrugged.

I nodded and then thought about what he just said. "Hold up, how long have you been here?"