Part 3

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER

The agent set the pamphlet on the counter, "I'll let you two look around, just give a shout if you have any questions" he offered as he scrolled through his iPhone.

"Thanks" Kim smiled as she rummaged through the kitchen cabinets, she waited for the sound of the door closing before she spoke, "I want this house Adam, this is perfect" she grinned.

Her life had changed drastically since Platt locked her and Adam in the locker room, it was pure bliss.

It was as if something had shifted in Adam and he was more than ready to get married, even helped with picking the venue and photographer.

Adam leaned on the island in the middle of the kitchen, he had to agree the house was perfect. It was just a short drive from the 21st and in a great school district, the fact he was interested in the quality of the school made him smile.

The six months he spent apart from Kim had forced him to do a lot of thinking and soul searching, he knew he wanted to be the man Kim deserved and he'd do whatever he had to do.

"I love it too...it's perfect. The backyard is fantastic, we can get a pool and have kick ass parties in the summer" he grinned as he walked up behind her pulling her close to him, he rested his chin on her shoulder, "I can't believe I almost let you go.."

Kim sighed as she leaned into his embrace, "It all worked out though...didn't it?"

He laughed. "I will owe Platt for the rest of my life....who knew she was such a romantic?"

Kim turned, "Romantic? No.." she laughed, "she just wanted her wedding to be perfect, and we had put that at risk" she looped her arms around his neck.

"Yea, well..I don't care what her motivation was..it worked" he kissed her.

She smiled against his lips, "Yes it did. I think we would've figured it out eventually though"

"I don't know you're pretty stubborn.." He teased.

"Pot..meet..kettle" she retorted, "let's put in an offer Adam, this is the house for us"

"I won't be late" Kim told Adam as she changed.

He groaned and sat up on the bed, "do you really have to do this?"

"Yes, Adam. I do" Kim turned to face him and leaned against the dresser, "It's been super awkward since we got back together and I want to clear the air."

Adam got up and stood beside her, "I can come." He really wanted to go, something was off with Sean Roman and had been for awhile, he didn't trust the guy at all.

"Adam.." She groaned, he'd been very cagey when it came to Sean it had been the only issue since they got back together.

He held his hands up, "I know...nothing is going on between you two..I know you don't have feelings for him but I'm not so sure he doesn't have feelings for you"

She stood on her toes to kiss him, "I love you Adam Ruzek and only you"

He held on to her waist, "I know, I just don't trust him." He kissed her forehead, "you I trust implicitly"

"I'll be home soon" Kim told him as she grabbed her coat, she wasn't looking forward to her dinner with Sean but she needed to clear the air.

Sean was sitting at the bar when she arrived, his back to her. He was hunched over picking at piece of the bar.

She took the stool next to him, "Hi.."

He glanced up at her, "what's up" he took a swig from his beer, "where's Ruzek?" he glanced around the bar, "don't tell me he's already fucked up" he wore a scowl.

Kim rolled her eyes, "Sean, you need to stop" she told him, wondering if Adam was right and this wasn't good idea, "I love Adam and we're getting married..can't you be happy for me?"

Sean shook his head in disgust, "No...I can't not when you're making the biggest mistake in your life. I've already picked up the pieces of your heart...I won't do it again Kim...I won't" he took a few bills out of his wallet and tossed it on the bar, "just don't come crying to me....I'm done being your shoulder to cry on"

Kim was flabbergasted, "Sean!" She called out.

"I'm serious Kim...I'm done" he called out over his shoulder as he left.

Adam was surprised to see here walk through the front door of his apartment, he taped up the box and met her in the doorway, he knew she was upset.

"What's wrong?" He tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear, "you've been crying"

She took a deep breath, "It was a disaster" she hugged Adam, "a major disaster. He's angry.."

"Roman?" Adam interrupted her, he could feel his own anger build. Truth be told he never really liked the guy, the night she was shot pretty much ruined Sean Roman in his eyes. Out of respect for Kim he tolerated the guy, but the last six months had changed everything.

It was almost immediate that Roman started inserting himself in Kim's life and he always had an attitude towards him and the intelligence unit as a whole.

Kim removed herself from Adam's arms, "Yes, he thinks it's a mistake to marry you, he told me not to come crying to him when you break my heart..again" she looked out the window, the snow already beginning to stick.

Adam stood behind her at the window, "It's not gonna happen.."

"What?"

"Your heart..I'm not gonna break it. You've got my word Kim, I love you and we're gonna get married...have babies and grow old together I promise" he kissed the top of her head. He was fighting against the anger steadily climbing within him, he wanted to kick the shit out of Roman.

He had for a long time, and he wasn't sure how much longer he could resist the urge.

Kim felt Adam tense, "Adam, please don't get riled up..."

"I'm okay.." He told her, "I love you.."

Sean was filling out a leave request when he heard the familiar voice.

"Hey..Roman, you got a minute?" His hands curled into fists at his side, he chewed on the inside of his cheek...he was pissed.

Sean slumped his shoulders, surprised it had taken this long, he spun on his heels.

"What the fuck do you want Ruzek?"

"Let's go for a walk...yea?"

--NOTE--

Never planned for a chapter like this one, but after last nights episode I wanted to touch on it a little bit, with my own spin of course.

Roman has been hating on intelligence the last few episodes and I'm really curious to see this all play out on screen.

Ruzek is so jelly...