Part 8

He rocked on his heels, he was nervous.

This had to work, it would work. There wasn't another option.

They gathered in the small office in the back of the building, Adam couldn't believe how beautiful the place was decorated.

They'd gone back and forth over this place and one over looking the lake, this one had won out just because the owners supported Chicago's first responders.

Adam took a deep breath and paused before returning to pacing, "Jesus Christ Adam, sit down!" Jay commanded, "you're driving me nuts"

Adam rested his hands on the top of his head, anything to keep from yanking at his tie and unbuttoning his shirt, he hated the damn shirt.

"I can't breathe in this thing.." Adam huffed, "she here yet?"

Kevin laughed enjoying the sight of his usually calm and collected friend losing his shit, "Not yet..she's got an hour or so"

"Call them!" He demanded practically throwing the phone at her.

Kim was trying to stay calm, but his demeanor was frightening. She'd known Sean for a long time and he never scared her.

Until now.

She took the phone from him, "Why?"

He sucked his teeth, "because I don't need them here.." He just needed Kim, that was all he ever needed.

"What do I say?"

Sean looked at the ceiling, "That you'll meet them there" he huffed, he knew she was trying to stall, "I swear to god Kim, I'll hurt you. I don't want to, but if you're not going to cooperate I will"

She knew he was serious, and she knew she had to do something.

Kim dialed Erin's number.

"Wait!" Sean yelled, "I changed my mind. Text her" he knew neither one could be trusted and he knew Erin would ask a lot of questions. A text was more than enough.

Kim typed it out, "Let me see it" Sean yanked the phone from her hands and read the message.

"Change of plans..I'll meet you girls at the venue"

Sean was happy with the message, "Sounds perfect"

Kim wanted to cry, this was supposed to be her big day..and now she wasn't sure what was going to happen, she was certain nothing good would come from this.

Sean sat down on the couch, "Intelligence must get the big bucks...this place is nice" he remarked as his eyes scanned the living room, "guess it pays to be dirty, huh?"

"Adam isn't dirty" she sneered, "whats this about Sean? Why are you doing this?" She regretted opening the door for him, but he looked so sincere when he stood on the front steps.

That was no longer the case, she saw something in his eyes that she never thought she'd see...Rage.

He ran his hands over the gun in his waistband, no matter what he'd finally get one over Ruzek, one way or the other.

He'd end up with Kim, and Adam would be alone.

--NOTE--

This is super short but it's just a 'buffer' it'll be a few days before I update, think Saturday sometime.

I'm stuck on 'Saving Zoe' I had the final chapter written and went to edit it, and I ended up hating it all together so I deleted it and will give it another go the weekend.

I'm sorry!!