Part 5

Kim held the key ring between her thumb and index finger as Adam pulled the truck into the driveway, he put the truck in park.

He glanced in her direction, "You've gone quiet..something up?" He asked, his face finally starting to heal, a small scar and some faint bruising all that remained.

Kim wiped her eyes, "I'm just so happy" she spoke through the tears, "we're home.this is our home"

Adam leaned over the console and kissed her, "Yes, it is. It's perfect isn't it?" He asked as he exited the truck, rushing to the passenger side to open Kim's door, he held his hand out to her.

The sound of the moving van coming around the corner filled the block, "Pull it in!" Adam yelled to Kevin and Jay, Erin pulled up behind them in her car.

The group gathered in the driveway of Adam and Kim's new home, Erin studied the exterior of the house, "It's beautiful you guys"

Kim leaned into Adam, "Wait until you see the inside, it's absolutely amazing! The kitchen is to die for, they even upgraded all the appliances"

The group moved to the front steps, "Gimme the key Darlin'," Adam announced as he moved to the door, Kim dropped the key in his hand.

He pushed the door open and stepped to the side, "Alright fellas..get to work" he laughed motioning for the guys to start unloading the truck.

Kim waved Erin over, "Let the guys do all the heavy lifting..I really want to show you the house" Kim told Erin.

"Sounds perfect to me" Erin said as she stepped foot inside.

Kim was just about to cross the threshold when she felt Adam tug on her arm, "Adam?"

He pulled her flush against him, "Baby, you aren't walking in that house.." He teased.

"Huh?"

Adam bent down and scooped her up in his arms, "I'm carrying you in.."

"Adam, put me down" she protested.

"Nope" he laughed as he stepped inside, "this is our first home together and I needed to carry you in the right way" he returned her to the ground.

"You two are sickening" Kevin teased from the doorway two boxes in his arms, "where do these go?"

Kim rolled her eyes at both her fiancée and friend, "The Kitchen" she pointed to the big black letters identifying the location already written on the outside of the box, "see?"

"Oh..." Kevin chuckled, "my bad"

Adam plopped face down on the bed, "Fuck..my entire body hurts...places I didn't know could hurt...hurt" he laughed as he rolled over on the bed, kicking his sneakers off and on the floor.

"My strong man" Kim teased as she laid down on her belly beside him, her hand on his chest, "I guess you're hurting too much to christen this place..huh?" She asked seductively, "and to think I had so much planned.."

Adam pulled her face towards his, "Look at that I've had a miraculous recovery." He trailed kisses down her neck as she moved to straddle him, "should we start here?"

Kim reached down and pulled her shirt over her head, before leaning back down to kiss Adam, "Sounds perfect"

It had taken weeks but he finally found her, he sat low in the driver's seat and baseball cap pulled low on his head.

He heard the door open and their laughter filled the air, he waited until both had gotten in the black truck.

"Laugh now...it won't last" he mumbled as he pulled away from the curb heading in the opposite direction, he knew where they were headed.

He knew everything.

--Note--

Super short I know but some big things are coming....