Part 6

Adam checked his reflection in the full length mirror, pulling at his collar, "this damn thing is choking me" he complained as he unfastened the top button and loosened his tie.

Kevin rolled his eyes, it was the final tuxedo fitting, the wedding just three weeks away, "Kim's gonna kill you if you don't button it up right" he straightened his own arms so the seamstress could note any last minute alterations.

"It killing me, Kev...it's too tight" Adam whined.

"Mr.Ruzek...please be still" Angelo asked as he tried to get the correct length for Adam's pants, "and your best man is right, the top button needs to be buttoned."

Jay came out already finished with his fitting, "God, Ruzek you're such a little bitch" he laughed as Adam yanked at the collar again.

"Fuck you"Adam laughed, "It's strangling me"

"Nah...that's just the impending doom you feel coming up" Jay snickered, "I'm sure Kim'll let you loosen it after the ceremony" he felt he was speaking with a little boy and not a grown ass man.

Angelo finished up, "Alrighty, you're all done" he pushed his eyeglasses up the bridge of his nose, "you can get changed"

Adam clapped his hands in celebration, "Let's go get after it boys" He quickly unbuttoned the rest of his shirt and changed in mere minutes, "Let's hit Molly's and I'm feeling generous..the first round is on me"

Jay and Kevin both laughed, "Wow, big spender" Jay teasingly punched Adam.

"I'm house poor, got a mortgage now" Adam smiled, he was happy everything was falling into place and he was loving every minute of it.

"So..honeymoon, where ya headed?" Erin asked as she poured the rest of the wine into both her glass and Kim's.

"We're not" Kim replied, taking the glass from her, "We've decided to put it off..between the house and the wedding it doesn't leave for much else"

"Ugh..that sucks" Erin was bummed for her friend, "You need a honeymoon!"

Obviously she was taking it a lot harder than Kim had, "Erin, it's fine. Trust me. After all Adam and I have been through, I'm just happy to be getting married"

The wheels already turning in Erin's head, "Alright" she wanted to change the subject, "when are the boys getting home?"

Kim glanced at the clock above the television, "Don't know..I'm sure Adam has taken them out for drinks"

"So it's for real...you're really getting hitched?" Severide asked leaning on the bar.

Adam nodded, "I am, and I couldn't be happier" he took a pull from his beer.

Severide shook his head, "Shit..first Casey..now you and we all know Halstead isn't far behind..."

Adam clapped his back, "You've still got Atwater...I think he's a bigger commitment-phobe, than I was" he laughed.

"Watch it Ruzek...I just haven't met the right lady yet, it'll happen one of theses days" Kevin explained, "ain't got shit to do with being scared"

Nothing had worked out, and try as he might he couldn't get her from his mind. Sure he'd hooked up with some random whores just to get his rocks off, but none of them could meet his needs.

Not like how she would, she was who he needed.

"Damn it" Adam hissed as he hit his shin on the corner of the dresser, Kim bolted upright in bed, her hand flying to the top drawer of the nightstand pulling the nine millimeter out.

"I'll shoot!" She snarled.

"Please don't it's just me" Adam spoke, his hands raised above his head, "Sorry.." He smirked as she turned the lamp on.

"Adam...I could have killed you" she was breathless, "you scared me"

He laughed as he undressed, "Good thing you didn't...then you'd be without all of this" Adam climbed in beside, "and I'm not sorry I woke you.."

Kim giggled as he kissed just behind her ear, "How'd the final fitting go?"

He groaned against her neck, "That tux isn't staying on long."

"Don't be a baby" Kim ran her hand across his chest, "I'm sure you'll look amazing in it"

"Enough talking Burgess...lets get busy" he laughed.

Erin wiped the sweat from her brow, as she stepped of the treadmill the wedding just ten days away.

"So, tell me Kim..just how nervous are you?" She laughed unscrewing the lid from the bottle of water, feeling refreshed as the ice cold liquid slid down her throat.

Kim laughed, "I'm..not..nervous at all, alright maybe a little" she admitted. Truthfully? She was still waiting for the other shoe to drop, "I'm kind of freaking out that I'll be left at the alter"

Erin nearly choked on her drink, "What?"

"It's stupid I know..and I'm making trouble where there isn't any..it's just I don't know..just forget I said it" she tossed the towel in the hamper.

"Adam loves you, he isn't going to leave you" Erin told her, "Sadly, I think you're stuck with him...but at least he's hot, right?" She laughed.

"That you're right" Kim blushed, "he's very hot"

"Plus, Kevin'll kill him...well, if he can get to him before Platt does" Erin laughed, "Come on, let's go get lunch"

"Dude, you need to let it go. She's obviously not into you" Colin told him.

Sean grunted and glared at his brother, "Colin, you don't have any idea what you're talking about, that asshole has her snowed. It's up to me to make her see him for what he really is"

"And what's that?" Colin asked, his concern for his older brother's well being growing the more he spoke.

"That he's a fucking piece of shit who doesn't deserve to share the same oxygen as her"

Colin leaned forward on the couch, "Sean, you're in over your head man. Are you off your medication again?"

He saw the anger flash across his brother's face, Colin knew he was on thin ice but someone needed to call Sean out on his behavior. After the warehouse incident he had been diagnosed with PTSD and for awhile he seemed to have a handle on it.

That no longer seemed to be true.

"I'm taking the damn pills, Col" Sean lied, he didn't need those pills, he knew what he needed and it didn't come in a bottle.

--Note--

So, I'm really disliking Sean on the show, and this story is writing itself in a way.