Part 13

She finally came to, and her resolve weakened. Sean stood with his back to her as he glared our the window, she wasn't sure of the time but she could tell by the orange her the room had been bathed in, it was morning.

Her body ached, she could feel blood caked on her face and her hair matted with it, "Sean?"

He looked over his shoulder at her, "Morning sunshine, we've got a big day ahead of us" he told her, checking the burner phone for a message from the guy providing him with a car.

"What do you mean?" She asked, her fear had reached a point she'd never been at before. Never had she'd been so scared in her life, she missed Adam. She had been able to sleep some and Adam filled her dreams.

"In due time Kimmy, due time" Sean said in a sing song voice, he was off the rails for sure.

That terrified Kim, he was capable of anything.

His stomach was sick, he'd already thrown up twice since they left Roman's apartment, he felt helpless.

They'd told him to go home, to let them handle it. He couldn't go home, not when Kim was in the hands of a psycho.

He paced outside the interrogation room Voight and Olinsky had been in for hours, he knew they'd get whatever they could from Roman's brother, he just hoped it would be enough.

Erin pulled the photographs off the wall and stacked them in a neat pile, "How the fuck did this happen?" She asked.

Jay shrugged, "I don't know..it's fucked up" he went through the stack of papers he'd found in Sean's desk.

Most of them utility bills, "he's behind in everything" he remarked as he read the late notices and the threats to end his services.

"You don't think he'd hurt her, right?"

Jay looked up at her and could see the fear in her eyes, "I hope not. Kim's tough, she'll do whatever she can" he closed the top drawer and opened the next one.

In the drawer he found maps and the blueprints to a newly constructed warehouse, Sean's handwriting in the margins of the map.

"Think we just got a lead" Jay gripped the papers in his hands, "we need to get these over to the district"

He left orders with the officers standing guard outside of Sean's apartment, satisfied that the apartment was secure they took off for the district.

Al pinched the bridge of his nose, and took a deep breath, "So, you're telling me you have no idea where your brother is?"

"I swear!" Colin yelled, "if I knew I'd tell you, trust me. I love my little brother but I don't like what he's doing, it's why I showed up here in the first place" he told them, he was starting to wonder if he needed a lawyer, they'd been relentless in their questioning.

Hank hated it but it was inevitable.

"You're free to go, but if your brother reaches out..you better call me" he wagged a finger in his face, "let the bastard know he won't be able to hide forever either, Kim better be okay"  Hank growled.

"I will, you've got my word" Colin told them as he stood up, "I know what Sean's doing is wrong..but he's sick. Sicker than a lot of us realized, please don't hurt him"

Hank curled his lip, "It's all up to Sean, he's got the power to end this"

Adam stopped on a dime when he heard the door open, he saw red as soon as Roman's brother appeared in the hallway, in a flash he had his hands on the man's collar and pushed him against the wall.