Part 15

"You want to go?" He wasn't sure he'd heard her correctly, "Kim, I don't think that's a good idea"

Kim sat up straight, "Adam, I need to go. Sean and I have gone through so much together...how it ended? That's not the way I want to remember him, Adam, I want to remember the good things about him" she wiped her eyes.

For the majority of their partnership and eventual friendship, things were great and she loved him like a brother. Somewhere along the line that was lost and Sean had become a someone she didn't recognize anymore.

"I want to hear people talk about the real Sean, not who he had turned into" she clarified, she could see Adam wasn't happy with her decision.

Adam hunched over in his chair, "I think it's a bad idea" the last thing he wanted to do was come face to face with the Roman family, not when he still felt such hatred for their dead son, "but if it's what you need to do, I'll go with you"

"Thank you" she smiled softly, "Adam, why don't you go home"

He shook his head, "Nope, not leaving your side" he smiled, "You're stuck with me"

Kim watched as Adam sent yet another text message, "Who are you talking to?" She asked pushing the food around on the plate.

"Just Jay" Adam told her, while that was partially true, it was so much more than just Jay.

"Hey, you'll be okay if I run out for like an hour..yeah?"

"Adam, I'm fine. Go on" Kim told him rubbing her hand up the length of his arm, "take your time, I'll probably just sleep anyway"

Adam smiled, his nerves starting to flare up, "it'll just be an hour.."

Trudy had been called in, Adam needed all the help he could get.

Kim was channel surfing when Trudy walked in, "Well, hello skinny britches" she teased, "it's so good to see you sitting upright...you look good" she told Kim.

"Thanks" Kim replied, "Did Adam call you and ask you to sit with me?"

Trudy held her hands up, "I can't confirm nor deny that, but you know you're glad I'm here..admit it, you love me" she laughed as she took the remote from Kim's hands, "No one wants to watch The Bachelor" she grunted as she changed the channel, "not when that awesome show about police officers is finally back on, damn hiatus" she huffed.

"Okay.." Kim mumbled knowing she stood a snowballs chance in hell getting the remote back from her.

They gathered in the lobby of the hospital, "Thanks for coming everyone" Adam spoke, "Kim doesn't know I've pulled this together, so she's going to be knocked for a loop, I just hope she doesn't hate it"

Erin grabbed his hand, "She won't, she'll love it"

Adam walked in, he had shaved and changed into the black tuxedo.

Kim couldn't believe her eyes, the tuxedo fit him perfectly and she'd never seen him look any better than he did now.

"Adam..you look amazing" she smiled as he kissed her cheek, "I'm not complaining at all but don't you think you're a little over dressed"