Part 12

Colin had been driving for hours, he'd hit every spot he knew Sean hung out at, coming up empty each time.

He even called some of his buddies and not a single one had heard from Sean in days, he knew he was left with very few options.

"What?" Erin asked, as Kevin's eyes grew huge.

He held the note up, "You don't see it?" He asked incredulously.

"See what?" She asked again.

Kevin set the note on the table and covered the majority of it, leaving only the first letter of each line visible.

"Look!" He pointed it out.

R

O

M

A

N

"Roman's got Kim, I know it" Kevin declared, racing to the back of the house, "Adam! I found something" he called out.

Adam groaned, wishing they would get the fuck out, no matter how many times he asked none of them would leave. All claiming he shouldn't be alone, when that was precisely what he wanted. He just want to get shit faced.

"What?" Adam asked looking over his shoulder, his eyes red and his cheeks damp.

Kevin waved the note in his face, "Kim didn't leave you Adam, look!" He showed it to him, he could see Adam process it.

"That son of a bitch...I'm gonna kill him" Adam snarled as he grabbed his gun from the nightstand, "I need to find him"

They congregated in the living room, Adam was pacing, his hands on the top of his head.

"We need to find that son of a bitch, he's got Kim!" He was panicking, he was desperately trying to hold it together and failing. His emotions were all over the place, he was relieved to know that Kim didn't leave him, but he was scared shitless. He had no idea what Roman was capable of, none of this made sense.

Sure, he knew Roman had a thing for Kim, but this seemed surreal.

"You need to calm down, Adam." Voight placed his hand on Adam's shoulder, "We will find them, but you need to keep it together. Roman's obviously unraveling, we need to be careful, do it right. Got it?"

Adam nodded, "I do."

They pulled up in front of Roman's apartment building, the team split up into two groups, one taking the elevator and the other the stairs.

Adam rocked on his heels as the elevator climbed to the fourth floor, he kept tugging at the bulletproof vest he wore.

He was still trying to wrap his mind around all of this, his fiancé didn't stand him up at the altar, she was taken by her partner and once best friend.

As the doors opened Al put his hand on Adam's chest, "Keep your head on straight, no matter what we find...you need to keep your head on straight"

Adam nodded that he understood, too amped up to reply.

Adrenaline coursed through his body, he couldn't ever remember feeling this jumpy and wound up before.

Hank pounded on the door, "Roman! It's Voight open up!" He hollered, waiting a few seconds for a response, when he never received one he spoke again, "we're coming in"

The rest of the unit had joined them, Erin hoped they'd arrived in time. She knew they lost a lot of time, she wished she'd picked up on the clue Kim had left them. She'd never forgive herself if something awful had happened to her best friend.