Chapter 1 Bad news

"Olivia dear can you come down here for a second!? Your father and I would like to have a word with you!" My moms voice yelled up at me from down stairs. "Uh oh!" I though. Umm I forgot to do my chores? No I did those...I didn't do my homework? No I did that too. Oh I got it I'm failing math! Wait, we already talked about that. This can't be good. I crawled out of bed, got dressed and then went downstairs to see what my parents wanted. "Please be good news!" I thought to myself. I'm getting a new brother or sister? I am getting my birthday presents early? What could it be. I arrive in the living room. My mom and dad look sad...that means bad news.
    "Sweet heart, your father and I talked and well...we're getting a divorce. It's for the best sweetie." My mother said this like she rehearsed it a million times before she told me. "What!?" I screamed. "No you can't!" "It's for the best hon." My dad replied calmly. How is this for the best!? I don't want two Easters and two Christmases. I want one perfect one like every year! "You better head to school dear. We will talk to you more about this later. We love you." My mom said speaking for the both of them like she usually does. Great school. Could this day possibly get any worse!?