Chapter 25 Max

So my roommate is my boyfriend's sister. There's something I never would've expected. And wait, is Derek my boyfriend? I think he is.
"So you and my brother huh? Weird, I didn't think you were the dating type considering you like to push people away." Max said. Ouch. Okay. I guess I kind of deserved that. She's the one I've been pushing away the most out of everyone. "Look, I'm really sorry. I'm just not the friend type. I even tried to push Derek away but, he never did. So I accepted it and ended up falling in love. Crazy huh?" I replied. "Totally crazy." Max said in a sarcastic way. She's not that bad I guess. I just need to learn how to let my guard down. Not everyone that gets close to you will turn on you. "So can we try this again and be friends?" I asked. "Well duh!" She yelled and then she gave me a big hug. Ok, this might take some getting used to.
I talked to Max and asked her if it was ok if I dated her brother. When I asked her she started to laugh and said, "Well of course it's ok! We're friends now. Plus if Derek likes you then you must be pretty cool." When I asked her what she meant by that she completely ignored me. "Sorry, I thought I heard something." She said. "Anyway, what I meant by that was, Derek doesn't like a lot of girls at our school. He says they are all the same. So you must be pretty special if he likes you." I started to smile and I think I may even have blushed a little bit. That's when Derek came into the room. "Just so you know, I heard everything!" He shouted and then he smiled his heart melting smile. "Olivia, is it ok if I talk to you alone for a second?" He asked. "Of course." I replied. When I said this Max stepped out of the cabin.
"Soooo, what my sister said was entirely true." He said. "I told you this a few days ago. But what my sister doesn't know is the reason that I like you, is mostly because you remind me of her. My sister is my best friend. She's smart, funny, talented and so much more. I love my sister. Please don't tell her I told you this. She'll never let me hear the end of it. I think you guys are the perfect friends. I'm sure you'll get along great." "Awwwwww bro! That's so sweet!" Max barged back into the cabin. "Of course you were listening!" Derek said. "Hey, like brother, like sister." She replied. Then they both started laughing. I wish I had someone to laugh like that with. A sibling to share everything with. But I don't...