Chapter 14 Trixie trouble

I woke up at 6:00 the next morning and did the same exact routine as the day before. By the time I ate breakfast is was 7:41. I went into the vocal lessons building early again. Trixie was in there playing some warm ups. "Aw, Olivia. You're here early again I see. Well hopefully today I'll actually be able to hear your voice." She smiled at me. "I'll pay more attention today, I promise." I said. "Good. Go ahead and take your seat." As I was sitting down a familiar face stepped into the room. Derek. When he saw me he smiled and then sat down next to me. I didn't look at him. I just kept my head down, but I could feel him staring at me. "If you take a picture it will last longer." I told him. "Good idea!" He yelled. He took out his phone and then he took a picture of me. "I was being sarcastic." I said. He smiled. "I know." I smiled back and then put my head back down.
    8:00, time for class to start. Everyone piled into the room as quickly as possible. "Good morning everyone!" Trixie said. "I hope you remember the warm ups from yesterday because we are going to do the same ones today." "I know somebody who doesn't remember." Laughter some girl. Here friends joined in laughing with her. "That's enough!" Trixie yelled. "Let's not be rude." I was ready to cry until Derek leaned over and whispered something in my ear, "Those girls are mean to everyone. Trust me. There all talk. You'll be ok. Ok?" I nodded and then he smiled. What is it about him that makes me feel so relaxed when I'm with him? After Trixie took attendance, the vocal lessons started. I payed attention at first but then in the middle of class Derek started talking to me again. "This is fun isn't it?" He asked. I nodded trying to focus on the warm ups. Then he kept talking to me. "She does the same warm ups every year you know." "Really?" I replied. "Oh yeah. Every year." I chuckle as a response. After a moment of silence he started to talk again. "You know I never got your name." Before I could answer Trixie yelled at us. "Derek! Olivia! Outside now! I want to talk to you. Everyone else continue the warm up." So we followed Trixie outside. "This is the second day in a row I've had to yell at you Olivia! And Derek, you should know by now not to talk during my class!" "Sorry." Derek and I both said in unison. "You two will stay out here for the remainder of the class as your punishment." After saying that she went back inside. I got into trouble with her again!? "Some punishment." I heard Derek say beside me. "I sure learned my lesson. Sticking me out here alone with a pretty girl. I'll never talk in class again!" He looked at me and smiled. Maybe I should talk in class more often. Thank you Trixie.