Chapter 40 Operation closure/truth

My parents need closure. They also need to be honest wth each other. For example, why did my mom move on so quickly? Why did my dad cheat on her? They need to talk to each other! But it's not just my parents. My dad needs to tell Lisa why he doesn't want a kid. My mother needs to tell Steve the truth, and also admit it to me. I got this. First I talked to my dad. The conversation went something like this...

"Why don't you want another kid, dad?" I asked him one day.

"Because I have you!" He replied

"Dad, that's not a good enough reason. Please tell me the truth."

"Ok, it's because...I don't know. Even when your mother and I were together I felt like I was never there for you. I don't want to make the same mistake. Plus, I'm thinking about you! Do you want a little brother or sister that would get more attention? I mean I finally feel like I'm giving you the attention you deserve!"

"Dad, I would love a little brother or sister! Don't let me get in the way! And I will help out as much as possible! You'll still be giving me plenty of attention."
He smiled and he gave me a big hug.
"Thank you!" He said.
"Of course! Now you need to go tell Lisa!" I replied. And he did. One down two to go.
Next up was my mom. When I asked her why she really liked Steve, she started to cry. "It's because I feel so alone! After the divorce I was lonely and then here comes Steve and he's so nice and comforting! And honestly I felt nothing for him at the time, but now I do! I love him, Olivia!"
My gold digger prediction proved false. But I was still right when I noticed that she didn't love him. "Have you told him that you love him?" I asked. "No, I'm scared to." She replied. "Mom, Steve loves you! You need to talk to him! Tell him how you feel! It'll be okay." She started to cry again. Then she called Steve down and we all had a big talk.
Two down, one to go.
Next up was my mom and dad. They both looked a little nervous when they saw I invited both of them to dinner. But they got over it.
"So, dad, all I want to know is why you cheated on mom."

"Well...I...uh..."

"Yes?"

"Ok fine! It was because I lost feelings for her! I didn't love her anymore but I couldn't find a way to tell her that so I decided that having a secret affair was a better option. Until she found out. I'm so ashamed! I'm so sorry!"
It was my mom's turn to speak.

"Honestly, I lost feelings for you too. But you should have told me! Cheating was not the right thing to do, but at least we are both happy now."

Now my dad was smiling. They awkwardly "Okay! Let's eat!" I yelled a little to loudly. Oh well.
Everything is fixed. Everyone is happy. Operation closure/truth was a complete success. Yay! Three down, zero to go!...