Chapter 38 Down hill

It's finally the weekend. I'm at my dad's house right now and for once, I like it. I'm away from my mom. Huh, I never thought I would be mad at her instead of my dad. I mean, there has to be a reason my dad cheated on my mom. Right?
I learned that Lisa and my father have a lot more chemistry than my mom and him ever did! They both love the outdoors, they listen to the same music. So far I have found nothing different about them. It's 12:00 am right now and since I can't sleep I started reading a book. It's so quiet. I start to dose off until I hear whispering coming from my dad's room. I only made out a couple of sentences.
"I understand that but wouldn't it be nice to have our own kid?"
"Olivia is the only kid I need! I want to spend more time with her. Be the dad I've always needed to be. I haven't been there for her, I need to start."
"You can do that for our kid! How about we don't have Olivia over for about...two weekends. And we can start focusing more on us!"
"Do you not like Olivia?"
"I love Olivia! But I want my own kid! OUR kid!"
After that their voices got louder my dad started yelling about how I was all he needed. Lisa took it the wrong way.
"Oh, so you don't need me!?"
"That's not what I meant and you know it!"
I've never heard anyone fight like this before. Not even my parents. Why are they arguing about having a baby? I would love a younger brother or sister! Why doesn't my dad want another kid? I'm so confused. They are arguing over something so stupid! In my opinion. I don't know what else to do, so I get up and go to my dad's room.
"Is everything ok in here?" I asked. Lisa and my dad jumped. "Olivia! Yes, yes everything is fine. Go back to bed, sweet heart." My dad replied.
So that's what I did. I heard a few more sentences and then stomping. Then I heard the front door slam. Uh oh. That doesn't sound fine to me. Things definitely went down hill from yesterday. Why is it that things can be perfectly fine one minute, and then terrible the next. This is why I wish my life was a Disney movie. Everyone would be happy. Of course there would have to be some sort of villain, but we'd beat them in the end. In my story, I think the divorce is the villain. Maybe...