Light and darkness

Author's note: Hi there everyone, I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I cracked my head for this chapter. Hope you all like it and enjoy reading~^^
====================================================================

"Did you sleep well last night?" Haku ask Y/n while they were walking out to the bridge. "Yea, it was alright. By the way...how do we go to Zeniba's place? I heard from Lin that she lives pretty far away from here." Haku gave Y/n a short reply: "We'll fly." Before Y/n can even react to the answer, Haku transformed into a beautiful white dragon. Amazed by its' magnificence, Y/n freezed at the sight of the white dragon with her mouth wide open. "How long are you planning to gawk at me? We need to take off now." Haku smirked at Y/n's reaction and reminded her about their plans. Y/n quickly got up to Haku's back and held his horns to keep herself in place. Haku took off to the sky without a word.

Startled by this, Y/n shut her eyes tightly. "Don't be scared, you will be fine. I won't let you fall." Aware of Y/n's fear, Haku assured her and told her to relax. "Ha...Haku...so you're...you're the dragon I saw the other day?" Y/n managed to open her eyes and blurt out a question. "I suppose so. To the best of my knowledge, there's no other dragon around this bathhouse." At this point, Y/n also noticed the dragon's beautiful green mane. "I didn't expect this...mind if I ask what kind of spirit are you? After finding out Haku's another identity, Y/n got curious about him.

"I am a river spirit. My name is Nigihayami Kohakunushi." Haku answered Y/n. "A river spirit? Your river must be really beautiful." "Yes, it is a very beautiful river, indeed. Years ago, however, a large part of my river is paved to build houses for the humans." Y/n's felt her chest tighten after hearing what Haku told her...and then she realize the story sound familiar. "Haku...is your river...called Kohaku river...?" "How did you know this?" Haku suddenly got curious about how Y/n found out about the name of his river. "Well...everything is unplanned...I just find the river very beautiful and so I stopped by to take pictures. I got curious and so I tried to search for more information about it and eventually I found out what happened to your river. And because I decided to be a bit adventurous, I ended up in the spirit world by following your river."

"You should not be so reckless..." Haku sighed at Y/n's story. "I couldn't help it...the river is so beautiful it just draws me in..." Realizing her own words, Y/n immediately tries to cover up and a shade of pink appear on Y/n's cheek. "Oh...I mean...I've always been a nature's lover anyway...and I'm a photographer...so...haha...I...just... like your river a lot..." Y/n mentally cursed herself for failing miserably at concealing her admiration.

Meanwhile, Haku felt his heart skipped a beat when Y/n was talking about his river in such admiration. He can't help but to feel happy to receive such nice words from Y/n about his river. He wonders if she would like to share the river with him...Realizing his own inappropriate thoughts, Haku quickly focus on his journey to Zeniba's. The two spent the rest of the journey in awkward silence...

"We've arrived." After some time, Y/n found herself gawking at the incredibly peaceful sceneries of the spirit world and Haku's voice pulled her back to her senses. "Oh? So we're here already." Haku landed and transformed back to his human form. "Let's go." Haku started walking and Y/n quickly followed. They arrived at a little house and the door opened before Y/n can even knock on it. "Come in." Y/n then hear a gentle voice of a woman, probably in her 70s. Both of them enter the house and the door closes on it's own. Y/n was scared straight after she saw Zeniba. "Aren't you...Yu...Yubaba?" Y/n stuttered while she was asking.

"Oh dear. Haha~I'm Zeniba, Yubaba's twin sister. You see, we're identical twins but our personalities are complete opposite. I'm not as obnoxious as her...now please take a seat while I make some tea." Y/n felt herself more relaxed after finding out that the old lady is not Yubaba. Y/n took her seat and saw a strange creature knitting at one corner of the house. That creature took notice of her and slightly bowed his head. Y/n bowed and gave that creature a smile in return. "That's no-face, my helper in my knitting work." Zeniba introduced no-face to Y/n while placing a tray of snacks and tea onto the table. "No-face, would you like to join us for some tea?" Zeniba called out to him. "Ah~ah~" No-face nodded and came to the table and took a seat.

"Help yourself, have some tea." Zeniba place a cup of tea in front of Y/n and gave her a warm smile. "Thank you." "You're welcome, little girl. Now, I assume you have a rough idea about the reason why you're here." Zeniba took a sip of her tea and asked Y/n about her knowledge regarding the strange things happening around her. "More or less...but I still find it confusing...after all, I'm just an ordinary human." Y/n hold onto her cup of tea and find the warmth from teacup somewhat calming.

"Well...perhaps I need to clarify one thing before we get to the main point. My little girl, one thing I can assure you is that you're absolutely no ordinary human. With what Haku told me, no human can ever achieve anything like that. This, you must accept in order for you to face whatever that future might throw at you." Y/n pondered what was told to her for a second. Meanwhile, Haku looked closely at Y/n, worried about how Y/n is going to react at Zeniba's words. Surprisingly, Y/n appears to be rather calm after being told that she's not a human. After all that had happened, Y/n thought the fact that she's is not an ordinary human isn't that hard to accept anyway.

"If I'm no human...then, what am I?" Y/n sipped her cup of tea to clear her throat and ask Zeniba about her identity. "For the time now...I think you're probably part human and part spirit. And...I think I might know your other parent..." Zeniba answered Y/n and hesitates if she should tell Y/n the rest of the story. "You mean my father? Is he still alive? Where is he?" Y/n bombarded Zeniba with questions. "Little girl, spirits do not die...they are the soul of every nature's creation in the human world." "I don't seem to get you..." Y/n sheepishly answered Zeniba.

"Take Haku for example, he's a river spirit. When the river is formed, he is born and will be responsible for safeguarding the river. His presence ensures the liveliness of the river while the river also replenishes his power." Y/n processed Zeniba's words and quickly asked another question. "What if one of them disappear?" "Then they will both cease to exist." Y/n was a bit taken aback by Zeniba's words. "Then...do you think my father is still alive?" Y/n carefully ask Zeniba. "Oh...if it was him then I can guarantee that he's still alive..." Zeniba pour herself and the others another cup of tea. "May I know what makes you so certain?"

"Well...though spirits and their object of attachments rely on each other to exist...some of the natural elements in the world simply will not cease to exist." "Can you elaborate on that?" Feeling curious, Y/n probed Zeniba to tell her more about her father. "Remember when I said some nature's elements will not disappear? Well, there's only a few of them. Elements like heat, light, water, and earth are elements that will not disappear, no matter what. They are the bases of all the other nature's creations. The spirits of these elements are born when there's nothing in our universe. Thus, they are the oldest and the most powerful of all spirits."

"So...is my father one of those spirits you mentioned?" Feeling her heart beating faster, Y/n proceed to ask Zeniba. She is not sure if she'll be able to handle what comes next...but at this moment, she needs to know.

"Yes, your father is the spirit of light."   

Image credit:https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/138432-fixes-madelore-clarification-clash-of-light-and-dark/