Blood brother

"Arashi, how many times do I have to tell you to not run down the corridor..." With her slender fingers and gentle hands, mother place a warm cloth onto the bump on my head. I was running down the hallway and ran straight into a pillar down the corner. Tho it was painful, having mother's gentle words and caresses instantly made me feel better. "I was excited to show mother something! Look!" Cupping both of my palms, the pieces of dried leaves in my hands slowly get lifted up and twirled around by a tiny tornado.

"Oh my! Arashi, did you learn this from Kinzo sensei?" "No, I learned this trick myself! Kinzo sensei is boring! He never teaches me the fun stuff! He always talks about the boring stuff like values and virtues!" Pinching my cheeks lightly, mother starts to nag again. "Kinzo sensei is a wise man, you'll learn a lot from him, Arashi." "But mother..."

Before I can continue, she stood up instantly and drag me along. "Look who's here, Arashi." Slightly bowing to the towering figure before us, she offer her greetings in a cheery manner. She's always looked at him with eyes filled with admire and affection but her feelings were clearly not reciprocated. "I see you have come, your highness. Let's have tea together, I'm sure our son have missed you." I stayed silent and hid behind mother's elaborate dress.

"I heard you prefer snacks that are less sweet, I've ordered the chef to only make those that suits your taste. Here, have a taste." Placing a piece of snack on his plate, mother continues to ramble on while father "listen" without replying a single word. It's clear that he wasn't enjoying at all. It makes my blood boil. Not noticing the cup beside me, I accidentally knocked it over. The awful noise of glass breaking on the ground made my father's brows furrow while mother instantly panic but quickly masked it with a smile. "Look how clumsy this child is. Quick, you should apologize, Arashi."

"I am sorry, father." "Come, clean this up immediately." The servants rush to our side and started cleaning up the floor. "Instead of focusing on making snacks, please devote your time in training the your son into a person befitting to the position of a prince, my queen." "Do not insult my mother." Overwhelmed by my emotions, I blurted out those words while looking at him with a piercing cold stare. "I see you have learned nothing but insolence." "Arashi, apologize to your father immediately!"

I look away, part of it was because I wanted to hide the tears welling in my eyes. "Hmmph! Unacceptable!" Slamming his hand onto the table, he started to leave. Rushing to my side, mother pull me into her arms. "Like it or not he will always be your son!" My eyes widen in surprise as mother yelled at father. It was the first time mother has spoken to father in this manner. Stopping at his tracks, he turn over to look at the teary mother with gaze void of affection and feelings. Heavy rain starts to pour down out of a sudden while streaks of silvery bright light appear on the dark cloudy sky. Without a word, he turn to walk away. Holding me in her arms tightly, mother's long nails started to dig into my skin, causing me to struggle. The rain lasted for days as mother locked herself in her room for days.

Her cries still rings in my head.

I swore to myself that I will never let anyone harm my mother ever again...but she left before I can do that...

She died for my father's mistake. And now, I will clean this up for her. I will eliminate the "mistake".

No one will ever make you cry now, mother. No one.

Author's note: So here's a little background about how our new character-Arashi (Thank you Deavil2010 for suggesting the name.) came to be. Of course, we'll know more about him as the story progress but I thought it will be better to have a little chapter dedicated for him so that you all will understand some of his actions better. And to be really honest with you guys, the idea of this chapter is from my childhood experience. I lived under the same roof with my extended families during the first 6 to 7 years of my life and my mother and I were unwanted in that house (not my dad, he's great).  I won't go into detail but they've done pretty terrible things to both my mother and I. Terrible enough to leave a permanent effect on my mental health and the way I tend to see things. So, the anger and urge for revenge in Arashi were feelings I still feel till today.

Has anyone close to you done terrible things to you as well? Did you all managed to let go and forgive?  

Anyways, enough negative energy~Hope you guys like our new character and look forward for the next update~