Nostalgia

Both of you enter your apartment and the familiar scene came into your eyes. Nothing changed...every furniture, every object in this apartment were left exactly the same when you left for your backpacking trip. In fact, you like to keep everything that way, it reminds you of all the beautiful memories you and your mother made in this house. "Sorry, I've been away for a while so it's a bit dusty. I'll clean up the couch for you." Without letting Haku respond, you went into a room and took out some cleaning products. "I'll give you a hand." Haku grab the mop from your hand and started cleaning.

After some time, the both of you plop down on the couch, exhausted. "Whew, that was tiring. Thanks for your help." You flash a smile at Haku while he quickly looks away and said: "It's nothing". "You want something to drink? Tea? Coffee?" You started walking towards the kitchen while asking Haku. After some time, he didn't answer your question. You turn and saw him staring at one of the pictures placed in a display cupboard. You hold two cups of green tea and started to walk towards him. "That's me and my mother at the theme park." You hand Haku his cup of tea while telling him about the picture.

"Thank you." Haku stared at you for a few seconds and took a sip of his tea. Suddenly, he seemed to notice something and his brows furrowed: "Y/n, have you seen the pendant that your mother was wearing in this picture?" You turn to look and it's a picture of you and your mother in the park. "Yeah, I always see my mother wearing it. I still have it tho, what's the matter?" "Can you show it to me?This might be a clue to find your father." Still wondering what so special about the pendant, you go into your mother's room and took out the pendant from a jewelry box. "Here, this is the pendant...now that you've mentioned, I realized my mother wasn't wearing it on the day she passed away...she never take it off, even when she's in the shower or going to bed."

It's a yellowish stone that looks somewhat like a marble, shaped like a tear drop. You don't find the stone particularly beautiful and wonder why your mother likes it so much. Haku examined the pendant on his palm and appears to be deep in thought. "This pendant, is probably something from your father. It's part of his power compressed and contained in the form of a stone. It's pretty common among us spirits to do this." "Why would spirits do this? And why would my father give this to my mother?" Puzzled, you ask Haku.

"Well, we don't have such convenience like humans when it comes to keeping in touch. Giving someone a part of your energy means they can always feel your presence and it will lead them to you when they need to find you." You thought about what Haku told you for a while and ask: "Then, can this also lead me to my father?" "Logically speaking, it can..." "How can I use it?" Feeling a bit excited, you quickly ask. "Similar to how you used Zeniba's golden seal, but this time you need more time." "What do you mean by needing more time?" "This pendant was originally given to your mother, it has gotten used to your mother's energy. You need to wear it for some time for it to communicate with you. Here, put it on for a few days."

Haku came closer and helped you put on the pendant. You feel your cheeks turn warm when Haku's fingers swept your hair to the side and touched the skin of your neck while putting on the pendant. "It's getting late, do you uh...want to get something to eat?" You quickly turn away and started walking towards the kitchen once Haku is done putting on the pendant. You hope he didn't notice your face. "Yes, that would be nice." Haku replied with a smile.

Both of you watched tv for a while dinner and you enjoyed looking at Haku's expression when he first saw a television. At night, you went to bed in your own room while Haku is sleeping in the room next to you. Feeling exhausted by the long day, you fell asleep pretty quickly. The next morning, the alarm from your phone woke you up from your slumber. You rubbed your eyes while sitting up...You yawn and raise your arms to stretch but your eyes instantly widen in fear once you saw your room in a huge mess...

Curtains are teared and furnitures damaged...like someone just dropped a bomb in your room...you frantically get out from your bed and you can't find Haku anywhere in the house...