Truth

Author's note: Hey there everyone, I know, I'm slow to update~I started working recently, and gosh there are so many errands to run for my graduation ceremony this month~So I'm super busy these days~I just need some adjustment in my schedule and I found the time to update~Thank you for the patience <3 By the way, this chapter is a little short, mainly focusing on "Y/N" because I want you all to understand her thoughts and personality better~There will definitely be Haku in the next chapter and we'll see how they mend their broken trust~Happy reading guys~^^

===================================================

"Seek the light...and you shall find..." "Seek..." The voice of your father keeps ringing in your head. Your eyes slowly open. You look to your side and see Lin and the other girls soundly asleep. You sit up and saw rays of sunlight creep into the cracks of the sliding door. "Seek the light..." You whisper to yourself. Running your fingers through your hair, you close your eyes to focus. "What exactly could that mean?" Sighing, you look down and saw the pendant dangling down your neck. You hold it in your hand and whisper to it: "Seek the light...what does that mean? Why seek light...when light is everywhere..." You continue to stare at the constant swirl of energy within the pendant. You suddenly thought of the day you fell into the water...

You quietly walk out to the balcony and saw the beautiful sunrise at the horizon. "Light is everywhere...you don't have to seek for it..." Suddenly, a thought dawn on you. "Not unless...you're at a place...where light is absent...The spirit world only comes to life when light goes off...could it be...?" You remember spirits operate in different dimensions...with enough power, one will be able to open the door to other dimensions. You look down at the water and take in a deep breath. You climb up the balcony and plunge into the water. You swim towards the shallow area of the train stop. Still panting, you hold out your arm and close your eyes. "Please work..." You open your eyes again and found yourself still standing at the same spot. "Why isn't it working? I did it exactly like Haku taught me..."

You wipe off the dripping water from your eyes and try again. Nothing happen. Again and again. You're not going anywhere. Feeling dejected, you plop yourself down and sit at the platform. Burying your face in your hands, you let out a tired sigh. The thought of going to Zeniba's place came into your mind but you quickly dismiss it...how possibly can you reach there without train tickets.

"Ah...ah..." You keep hearing some oddly familiar noise...you look up and saw yourself sitting in front of Zeniba's house. No-face, with a watering jug in his hand, is standing before you...making some intelligible noise...but you can still sense the creature's concern from its tone. "Why...did it worked?" You pinch yourself on your arm to make sure it's not a dream or hallucination. You turn to no-face and ask for Zeniba. Slowly walking towards the house, he open the door and gesture you to go in.

You step into the house and saw Zeniba knitting. Greeting you with a warm smile, she put down her work and proceed to make you some tea. "Looks like someone is feeling a little troubled." Placing a cup of hot tea in front of you, she drape a piece of dry towel over your shoulder. Still soaking wet, you hold onto the cup to warm yourself to warm yourself up. Zeniba sits in front of you, ready to listen to whatever you're going to share. "Sorry for coming over so suddenly...Zeniba. I was feeling desperate." "I can see that. Perhaps, it's related to your father?" You nodded and slowly speak...as you're still reluctant to believe in what Kamaji told you. "And...and I think Haku might be hiding something from me...I feel so bad to have such suspicion when he's so kind to me...so kind that..." "That he might be faking it?" Before you can finish, Zeniba interrupted. You can only look at her, wide-eyed. She pointed out the exact feeling that you've been having.

"But...I thought dragons are all kind..." You stare down at your cup of tea. "Indeed. So kind that it makes them gullible...and easily swayed by words." Those words pierce through your heart like an arrow. You were hoping that Zeniba is going to reassure you that Haku will not betray your trust. Things, however, didn't turn out to be how you wanted them to be. "Then what's in it for him to betray me?" Still holding on your last string of hope, you ask Zeniba. "Power. His power is greatly reduced after his river is paved. Yubaba must have seen the opportunity and offered it. And...he decided to take it."

"Even at my expense...?" You tighten your grip on the cup. Tears well up in your eyes. Zeniba remained silent to give you the time to process your emotions. Slowly walking to your side, she move strands of hair away from your neck to reveal the purplish black mark. "Just like what I expected. You must have taken the slug from Yubaba." Zeniba look at you for a while and decided that it's best to give you some time alone. "We will find a way, Y/n..." Patting you on the shoulder, Zeniba brought no-face along with her and went outside the house.

Clearly not listening to what Zeniba said, tears keep streaming down your face. Consumed by mixed emotions, a sense of helplessness looms your being. It's the same feeling when you lost your mother. You've been living alone ever since the passing of your mother...but you crave the warmth from someone else a lot. You crave it so much that when Haku, a figure that you can always rely on, came into your life, you cling onto him almost immediately. And now, you pay the price of giving into your desperation. Pulling the towel to cover your face, you cry your lungs out.