Crossing realms

With the help of Zeniba's golden seal, y/n and Haku manage to travel to the human world. Both of them are now walking towards the end of the tunnel. While walking, Y/n can't help but to feel that Haku is especially quite."Are you okay?" Slightly worried, Y/n asked Haku. Haku glanced at Y/n and started telling her a story about a human girl he met 10 years ago.

"I wanted to go with her...but I can only go that far...now that I am actually crossing the realms, I can't help but to think of her and our promise." Y/n can sense the feeling of sadness from Haku's tone. They continued walking in silence and finally reach the end of the tunnel. Although Y/n felt like she stayed in the spirit world for a long time, the familiar greeneries and noise of gushing river outside the tunnel remain unchanged. "It's always nice to be back at place you're familiar with..." Y/n thought to herself and breathe in the familiar air of the human world.

"Do you know your way home?" Haku broke the silence and asked. "Well, yes. But I wonder if the hotel still keeps my stuff..." Y/n got worried as both of them don't have any money and it feels like she's been away from the human world for ages. "Don't worry, it may feel like a long time but you're only out for a while in the human world. Time passes differently in different realms." Haku assured Y/n. They started walking and is now walking in the small town.

Haku abruptly stops in his track and stare intensely at the road. Y/n turn to look at what Haku's staring and chuckles lightly at what came to her eyes. It's a big truck and the exhaust is making a loud noise. "Don't worry, it's just a truck. It's harmless...just a type of transport we have in the human world." Trying to contain her laughter, Y/n patted Haku's shoulder to ease his tension. Realizing that his reaction is embarrassing, Haku clears his throat and continue walking.

"Your first time seeing a truck?" Y/n ask Haku. "It's been a long while since the last time I visit the human world." Slightly annoyed by Y/n's snickering, Haku started to walk faster. "Why don't you come more often then?" Clueless, Y/n continued to fire questions at Haku. "My river is paved...I can't come to the human world...without the help of Zeniba." This made y/n remember the sad fate of Kohaku river.

Arriving at the capsule hotel, Y/n was surprised to find the room card was in her pocket all the time. Upon entering her room, Y/n is surprised to see her stuff laying around the room exactly like the way she left them. Haku sat on the bed and look around the room and got interested by y/n's laptop. 

"What does that metal do?" Y/n realize that Haku is referring to her laptop. She puts in on Haku's lap and switch it on. Fascinated by the piece of magical metal in front of him, Haku stayed silent. "Here, let me show you some pictures I took." After a few clicks, pictures taken during your trip appear on the screen. "Just click on this button to the next picture."

Completely immersed in the pictures, Haku stare at them in amazement. Y/n went to clean up her stuff and pack her bags while Haku look at the pictures. "These...pictures...are real? I mean...you actually went to that place...and somehow...manage to capture the moment and store them in this piece of metal?" Confused by what Haku said, y/n thought about it for a second. "Well, that's why we take pictures. You capture a moment and keep it forever, in the form of pictures." Y/n answer Haku while stuffing things into your bag.

"Then...this is one of the many moments of my river that you captured...?" Y/n raise your head and look over to the laptop's screen. It is the picture of Kohaku river that you took. "Yea...it's the Kohaku river. It's a beautiful river." Y/n looks at Haku and found him staring at the picture longingly...with glimpse of sadness in his eyes. "Would you like to keep that picture?" Haku turn to Y/n and ask: "How?" "I can print it out for you once we get home." Y/n said it with a smile on her face. "Yes...I would like to have it." Haku stare back at the picture and accepted Y/n's offer.

Y/n went to the bathroom to change her clothes. When she came back, she tosses a set of clothes at Haku. "Here, change your clothes. I asked the owner if he has any clothes and he gave me some of his son's clothing. It should be your size. You don't want to walk around the human world in those clothing." Moments later, Haku came back in his new set of clothes. The owner gave him a shirt and a bomber jacket with a pair of black pants. The two check out from the hotel and boarded a train back to Tokyo. During their journey, Y/n can't help but chuckle at Haku's constant gawking at the tall buildings and fast buildings.

Finally at the door of your apartment, you let out a sigh and insert the key to the door lock...