Begin

Author's note: So, here's the new chapter my readers~~A little short but FINALLY~~after so many chapters, I decided to let the two to be together~Honestly tho, do you guys say "I love you" or "I like you" when you developed romantic feelings for someone? "I love you" sounds a little too intense for me~I don't know, maybe because I grew up in traditional asian home? And yet "I like you" felt like something you would say to a friend =P Hope you guys enjoy this~and be prepared for more fluff since the two is finally together~ 

=================================================================== 

You couldn't sleep...you've been tossing and turning in your futon for hours. Haku's words keep ringing in your head. "What could he meant when he felt an attachment towards me? Does this mean? No way, he's a spirit...and I'm a...nevermind." The thought of Haku having feelings for you make your cheeks warm...but the fact that you might hurt him by simply being by his side makes you feel sad again. Sighing, you quietly walk out to the balcony and enjoy the golden sunrise. Rays of sunlight break through from the horizon...you use your hands to shield your eyes from the blinding light. "Search for the light...and you shall find me..." The voice of your father came into your head at that moment. As if realizing something, you reach out your arms...towards the sun rays.

Haku's POV:

I cannot believe I just said those words to her...and I thought I saw her blush. Was it my imagination? Tho it is true that I have developed feelings for her,I realized that I may have caused Y/n to feel burdened by my words. To take the slug by Yubaba or not, it's still her choice. Who am I to ask Y/n to follow my wish? Considering what she had been through, the thought of causing others more harm must be extremely stressful. Grabbing the bottle of liquid, I walk towards the dorm. I need to let Y/n know that she shouldn't be burdened by my irresponsible words. As much as I want her to stay...I'd be happier knowing that she make her own choice. She's been living under others' shadow for so long, I don't want her to go through the same thing with me again. Reaching the last step of the stairs, I turn to see Y/n sitting on the railing of the balcony. "Y/n!!" Without a warning, she push herself off the railing. I immediately shifted into my dragon form and fly towards where she's falling.

Plunging into the water, I quickly look around for Y/n. I swim deeper but she's no where to be found. I come out to the surface and quickly scan the surrounding, not a single sign of her. I went into the water again to search for her. Again and again, I came up to the surface, fly up to the sky, and swim as deep as I could...but I still can't find her. What happened? I'm sure I moved fast enough. How did she vanish in an instant?

"Haku!!!" I look up and saw her falling from above. I managed to catch her in my arms and we both fell into the water. I shift into my dragon form and brought her to the ground. "What do you think you're doing? You think this is funny?!" I grab tightly onto her shoulder and started to shoot her with questions.

"No, Haku, you need to hear me out." Still coughing out some water, she speak to me excitedly, as if she's completely oblivious of the danger that she put herself in. "I was looking at the sunset just now and I use my hand to shield my eyes. Then, I thought of my father's words and so...almost unconsciously...I reach out to feel the sunlight. Out of a sudden, the image before my eyes get distorted...like they're being twisted. I thought I might be feeling a bit dizzy and so I shake my head a little bit, and guess what I saw at the horizon? A palace! There's really a palace at the far east like you mentioned! Maybe that's the place that will let me find my father! Raising my voice, I yelled at her. "And you just jump into the water like that?" She sheepishly apologized after hearing my raise voice. Noticed that I might have startled her, I clear my throat and quickly change the topic. "Anyways, why are you falling from above? I thought I heard you fell into the water?" "I thought I was going to fall into the water too. But no, I can feel the water around me...but it's pitch black everywhere around me...which is weird because the sun is rising. I got scared and keep swimming up...and then I find myself falling again..."

"You've just entered one of the portals." "Portals?" Tilting her head, she asked. "Spirits travel with portals when something is far away. But you'll need to know the spell to open certain portals that will lead to the destination...or in your case...a strong connection between you and the palace will not require a spell." She thought about it for a moment and look back at the sun again. "But I thought I just saw it...it was right there..." She point to the horizon and nothing can be seen. "And now...it's gone..." "The spirit world works differently. Not everything is in the same dimension. Just like me and my river in the world...if it's not paved, I can reach my river and travel to the human world whenever I like...but someone else will need to obtain the spell for the portal that will lead to my river." Not satisfied with the answer, she persisted. "Then why am I seeing it here?" I let out a sigh. "I'm not sure either, Y/n...let's get back to the bathhouse and we'll talk about this with Yubaba and see if she knows anything about it."

I started walking and she quickly follow. "Say, why are you at my dorm tho?" "I was going to tell you something." "What is it?" She quickly ask. Now standing at the bridge, I turn to face her. "I'm sorry that I forced my choice on you yesterday. I didn't think about the things you went through with your family...I was being selfish." "Don't say that!" Staring down in silence, I can't tell if she's upset. Before I can respond, she sighed and said: "I'm sorry but I can no longer see you as just a friend of mine. I wanted to keep this a secret because I thought I'm dragging you down. And it's pathetic, for me to finally have the courage to say this...only after getting your reassurance yesterday. But, I love you, Haku. And if you want me to stay...I'll gladly stay..."

Y/n's POV:

I said it...I told him about my feelings!! I don't even dare to lift my head. What kind of expression he's having right now? Shock? Disgust? Why is he so quiet? Embarrassed, I excuse myself and quickly walk away but only to be pulled into a tight hug. "I'm sorry for not making the first move. It's my fault for not making it clear for you." With his arms around me, Haku reassure me with his words again. Lifting my face with his fingers, Haku is looking at me with the same gentle eyes...and a light shade of pink on his cheeks.

"I love you, Y/n".