Mend

Author's note: Hello everyone, here's the new chapter~I wanna highlight the process of Haku slowly sorting out his feelings. What do you think? Is Haku a little selfish? Should he be given a second chance? And should Haku's past be revealed to "Y/n"?

==================================================

"Ah...ah..." No-face points to the sky. "Please dear, go in and take care of y/n." Zeniba cast a spell to seal the door of her house once no-face went in. She sigh and look at the approaching dragon. Shifting into his human form, Haku run towards Zeniba and ask for y/n. "Isn't it weird that you'd know this is the place to go to when looking for her?" "I have no time to talk to you about this." Haku then turn away and walk towards the door only to be bounced back by a shield of energy around the door. "What did my sister tell you about y/n's power?" Wincing in pain from the sudden impact, Haku decided to ignore Zeniba's question and proceed to break the spell shielding the door.

Ivy vines from Zeniba's garden started to climb towards Haku, attempting to prevent him from breaking the spell. With multiple vines twirled around his hands, Haku had no choice but to transform into his dragon from to break free from the plant's attack. In his more powerful dragon form, Haku fly towards the small house, breaking the shield with sheer force but was injured badly as a result. "That is why dragons are so foolish..." Massaging her nose bridge with her fingers, Zeniba let of a tired sigh while looking at the injured dragon. "Ah...ah...ah..." No-face opens the door and wave at Zeniba, signaling her that something had happened in the house.

Rushing into the house, y/n is no where to be found. No-face continues to wave excitedly and make those intelligible noise, probably trying to describe how Y/n vanished. Zeniba's look of surprise slowly turn into a smile. Placing a hand on no-face's shoulder, she comforts the concerned spirit. "She's already on her way, my dear. We need not to worry." At the wave of her hand, the destroyed wooden door started the assemble and repair itself. Approaching the injured Haku, Zeniba call for no-face's assistance. "Well, would you look at the mess he got himself into. Please help me get him in there...can't afford to let him die. He's got a whole lot of explanation to do."

Y/n's POV:

Wiping the tears from my face, I take a sip of the tea of sooth my throat and calm myself. "Now what?" I thought to myself. I've been relying on Haku all this while during my stay in the spirit world but it's time to be on my own. Suddenly, no-face rush into the house and quickly close the door. "Is something wrong?" I ask. "Ah...ah..." I cock my head, trying to understand no-face's hand-waving and random noise. The windows started to rattle, and I quickly walk towards the window and see the familiar silver white dragon flying towards Zeniba's house. "Haku?" No-face places his hand on my shoulder and shake his head, telling me not to go out.

"But he's here for me...I don't want to cause too much trouble." A sudden loud bang can be heard outside the door, causing me to look out and found Haku sitting on the ground, seemingly in pain. In a panic, I clutch the pendant in my hand and close my eyes. "Please, just make it happen. Get me there, if you can hear my voice."

End of Y/n's POV:

Slowly gaining consciousness, Haku look around and found himself laying on a futon. Gently tugging his sleeves, no-face hands him a cup of hot herbal tea. "Where's Y/n? I know she was here." "Mind your manners, dragon. You don't go around barge into other's house and boss around." Zeniba come into the house and sit herself beside Haku's bed. "Drink up, the tea will help you restore the damage you suffered when you breakthrough the shield." Staring at his cup of tea, Haku muttered a soft apology. "Now, I suppose it's time for me to demand an explanation?" Haku stay silent. "You even let her take the slug from my sister. And now you're risking your life to get to her? It doesn't make any sense to me."

"I can't...I just can't make myself lie to her." Pausing for some time, Haku continues. "I thought the feelings are just some shallow infatuation I get due to the fact that she's a human. I admit that she reminded me of Chihiro and the promise I made with her. I thought she'll help me replace Chihiro, but no, I was wrong. She's very different from Chihiro...and those difference just adds on to my sense of helplessness. And then Yubaba made the offer..." Zeniba sigh and take a sip of her tea. "Then what were you trying to do just now?" "I took the offer from Yubaba, thinking that I will finally regain my power and fulfill my promise with Chihiro. My heart, however, breaks every time when I see her flash me the warm smile. I don't deserve her trust but I still need to fix the mistakes I made before it's too late. And most importantly, I don't want to lose her...the thought of her vanishing from both worlds pierce through my heart like a knife."

Placing her cup down, Zeniba look at Haku with a stern expression. "What makes you think I should believe what you said?" Reaching into his pocket, Haku take out a round greenish object that looks somewhat like a lime. "I've traveled to the far ends of the Spirit world to get this from a powerful river spirit. It will help Y/n get rid of the slug in her."