Awakened

Author's note: Hi there my readers, I am extremely sorry for letting you all wait for such a long time. I'm doing my final year at college and things are super hectic and I'm just super stressed out. I can see all your comments, thank you for not abandoning this story. Now that my semester is almost coming to an end, I promise I'll update more frequently. Happy reading guys~^^

========================================================================

Panic, you started to run around the house to look for Haku. Suddenly, you trip on a toppled furniture and fell down. While trying to get up, you notice something different on the pendant given by your father. Energy is swirling wildly in the pendant...unlike last night when you first wore it...the pendant is warm to touch. You hold the pendant in your hand and stare at the swirling energy.

The front door opens and both you and Haku look at each other. Upon seeing your wound from the fall, he rush to your side and helped you up. "Ha..Haku...I have no idea what happened...the...things just became like this when I woke up this morning and...and the pendant from my dad...it's different...it's..." "Shhh...calm down...we need to take care of your wound first." He sat you down on the couch and went to look for the first aid kit. "Haku!!!!" Once he got out from the kitchen...he saw you standing up...with fear all over your face.

"My wounds...they're all gone..." Haku walk towards you but you held out your hand to stop him and back away. Right now, your voice is trembling from fear. "Don't come near me...I don't know what I'll do to you..." Ignoring you, Haku quickly walk towards you and pull you into a tight hug. "It will be alright...don't be scared." His words did nothing in comforting you...you push him away and said: "It's not alright...things are getting worse...I'm gonna get you into trouble...sooner or later you'll have the same fate as my family..." Sighing, Haku grab your shoulder and stare at you with his piercing emerald eyes. "Listen, Y/n...I am a spirit...I won't get affected easily. Trust me, we'll overcome this together." Odd enough, you seem to find some peace in Haku's eyes.

Holding the pendant in his hand, Haku examine the swirling energy. "The pendant is reacting to your power...the power that lies inactive in you has awakened..." "Then why is the house in a mess?" Haku look back at you and said: "Remember Zeniba said your power has both the ability to heal and destroy? When night falls, the darker side of your power creeps out. You'll need to learn to control your power." Lowering your head, you ask Haku: "So...you actually saw what I did last night? Is it proven that I'm a monster now? Is that why you're not at home this morning? To run away...from me?" A bit taken aback by your question, Haku look at you wide-eyed.

At this moment, you don't even have the courage to look at Haku. You regret asking that question...you're just asking for an answer you won't like to hear. Moments later, you feel Haku's hand patting your head. "No, you're not a monster. I've never thought about running away from you. I needed to contain your power within the house so I was guarding outside. Any sort of power...regardless of the nature of it...is bound to cause destruction...it just depends on the wielder...the darker side of your power is something you'll need to embrace and put it to good use." Looking up at Haku, he is wearing that gentle smile while patting your head.

Waves of emotion suddenly hits you after hearing his comforting words, tears started to roll down your cheeks. "Don't cry...I'll be by your side." He wipe away your tears and flash you another smile.