Chapter 29

CHAPTER 29

*2 weeks later*

"Do you HAVE to go to school today?", Chres asked me.

"You know I have to. I can't miss school anymore", I answered pulling my shirt over my head. I walked over to the mirror an examined myself over. "Do I look good?"

"You always look good", he laughed. I grabbed my bag then walked over to the side of the bed. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he frowned.

I laughed,"Chres you know I don't like--"

"Morning breath. I know", he said. "Can you come back when you have lunch?"

I stopped at the doorway,"If Ray will take me here. But I gotta go! Bye."

"LOVE YOU", I heard him yell and I was walking down the hall.

"YOU TOO", I yelled back. He knew I loved him though. I've just never been the type of person to express my feelings. I walked out the door to see Rays car waiting there. I opened the door and got in,"Hey.."

"Goodmorning! Ready for school", he laughed driving off.

"Do I have a choice", I sighed looking out the window.

**********

I took my seat next to Maddie again and she gagged. I ignored her though, like I always do.

"Ray, how do you take IT to school everyday? I wouldn't be able to deal", she laughed.

"Maddie be quiet. You're not funny", he said rolling his eyes.

"Oh really? I think I'm pretty funny. Don't you think?", she said asking me. I still ignored her. I'm not even gonna waste my time. "Ava?" "Avaaaa?"

"Oh my gosh SHUT UP", I yelled. Everyone turned back to us with shock on their face. Maybe because I never talk.

"Ava. Maddie. Outside right now. I'll be out in a minute", the teacher demanded. I sighed and walked out the classroom with everyone's eyes on me. It wasn't long until Maddie came out after me.

"You couldn't keep your mouth closed could you?", she spat.

"Me? Don't even start", I rolled my eyes.

"Start what Ava? What are you going to do? Nothing. Because you never do anything", she smirked. She was tempting me right now.

I turned my back towards her and leaned my shoulder against the wall.

She grabbed my shoulder,"I was talking to you." That was it. I grabbed her hand, turned around, and pushed her into the wall. She slid down onto the floor. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Don't play stupid Maddie. Don't mess with me either. I may be quiet at times but I could still fuck you up. Try me", I said looking down at her. She slowly got up and attempted to hit me. I dodged her fist and tackled her to the floor. I threw my hands down at her face continuously as she cried out. She couldn't move because I was on top of her.

"I'm so fucking tired of you!", I yelled. People started rushing out of their classrooms followed by teachers. Fortunately, the crowd around us was stopping the teachers from pulling me off. I repeatedly punched her in the face. She was only blocking a few.

"GET OFF OF ME!", she yelled.

"Not so big and tough now are you?!", I asked loudly. Finally, someone pulled me of her. I didn't try to fight back. I was done. There was a dark circle forming around her eye, her lip was cut, and blood was running down her nose.

"You better think again before trying to talk down on me", I said before turning around. Before I could start walking someone jumped onto my back. I turned my head and saw it was Maddie. She was clawing at my face and I couldn't see anything. I tripped and fell back onto her. I heard a bunch of "Ooohhhh's" before getting off of her. When I looked at her, she wasn't moving. There was blood coming from underneath her head. I could care less though. That's what she gets for trying to fight back. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me out the crowd, trying to run.

Realizing it was Ray, I started running too. We ran until we got to his car. He started it up and quickly drove out the parking lot.

"AVA WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?", he yelled.

"My problem?! She fucking touched me FIRST!", I yelled back.

"Just because she touched you, doesn't mean you start smashing her face in!"

"Why are you and at me?! You're the one that asked me why I don't stick up for myself", I said.

"I know. But you went to far."

"Too far? She's always gone too far?! I didn't do anything about it until now! And I'm wrong for that??", I asked. By this time, we were at my house.

"You could've went about it in another way", he said.

I got out the car,"Dont bother picking me up tomorrow. Or any day after that." I slammed the door and stormed into the house. How could he be mad at ME? It's her fault anyways?!

Chres walked in,"Well it's way before lunch. Why are you home?"

"Because I got in a fight with this girl. She jumped on my back and I fell on her. Then her head was bleeding and crap so Ray took me home. But, like, I don't get it. He was telling me to stick up for myself but he just went off on me for fighting her!"

"Wait. You got in a fight? And you won", he asked.

"Yes!"

He laughed and put his hand up for a high five. I looked at him like he was stupid.

"Did you hear anything I just said??"

"Of course I did. Who cares about him? You did what you had to do." His hand was still in the air. I gave him a high five and laughed. He was something else.

"I need to do something to take my mind off this or I'm gonna be pissed off all day", I said. I walked over to the kitchen table and sat on it. "I just don't understand why he was so angry..."

Chres came and stood in between my legs,"Stop thinking about it."

"My mom is gonna be so mad when she finds out", I whined.

He smirked,"I know what to do."

I knew exactly what he had in mind. "It has been a month hasn't it? I'm surprised you're not going crazy."

He leaned down so that our lips were almost touching,"I was. But I'm about to let it out on you right now."

•••••••••••

VOTE AMD COMMENT ;)

Don't Worry, You'll Get To See What They Do.