Chapter 2 Getting Older

At her school, about a year after Jules' birthday. She had just gotten a new black and gold collar for Theo on her birthday. Jules was leaving school. She was waiting for her mom to come bring her home. Nathaniel's mom came up to him in a big golden carriage studded with diamonds. Show off. She also brought their dog. Not just any dog a poodle that looks like it has been groomed every other minute. Everyone swarmed around the dog as Nathaniel went on about how his dog was purebred and it's breed is the smartest. He told everyone how it eats using utensils in it's paws. That's when Jules knew he was faking. So, she took out a piece of turkey from her sandwich and threw it into a muddy puddle. The dog ran quickly into the puddle devoured the meat, and splashing a mud-water all over Nathaniel's new clothes. Everyone laughed as the dog came back to him all brown and wet. However, Jules' fun didn't end yet. Her mom had just brought her baby dragon, who was wrapped in a bright blue blanket. Jules' mom put the adorable dragon toddler in Jules' arms. Everyone dashed over to pet and stare at the beautiful dragon. Nathaniel stomped away muttering the words," This means war.".

That night Jules was sitting with Thilonias when a letter came in the mail. Jules went outside to see it. It was from the royal palace! When she opened it she read aloud.

"Dear Jules Moonas, I am the assistant of Prince Josh, and Josh would like to invite you to the Grand Festival. You may bring one adult to come with you. This is extremely formal, you will meet the royal family. The party is this Thursday night. Please arrive in a carriage.".

Jules thought of how excited people would be to see the prince. She knew that she saw him every day at school, and was even friends with him. However, she did want to see Josh in one of those monkey-suits. So she went to tell her mom.

On the night of the party Jules dressed herself in a beautiful dress and her mom curled her hair. Her mom dressed beautifully in a purple dress. When it was time to leave Jules' dad kissed them both on the cheek and complimented them on how beautiful they were. They walked outside and saw the carriage arrive. Jules' mom scheduled a carpool with Erin, Lyla, Janey, and Em$ta.

"Hey Jules, you look great! Did you hear the news!", Erin said excitedly.

"Next year Josh will be king! That's why they're having this ball they'll tell everyone the great news there!", explained Em$ta. Jules looked over to Lyla who had a small gleam in her eye and her cheeks were bright red.

"Are you okay Lyla?", asked Jules

"Uhh I'm fine", said Lyla suspiciously.

"Wait, do you like Josh?", asked Janey.

"Well, maybe a little bit.", Lyla said.

Just then, a horse appeared out of the darkness. It was the gallant steed of Prince Josh. Josh was wearing a royal tuxedo and wore a crown. He jumped of the horse and on to the carriage.

"Wassup ladies", said Josh, as he signaled fluffy unicorn to go home.

"Hey Lyla!", he said.

"Hey, this carriage is for girls only Josh!", said Erin.

"I can do what I want b-", as he suddenly fell to the back of the carriage. He dragged on the back of the carriage for the rest of the ride. When he got there he quickly ran in front of the carriage and helped Lyla out with a smirk. He then pushed the other girls to the side. As a crazy fan girl of Josh's ran up as he slapped her in the face.

When they got in there the music immediately started and Josh and Lyla started dancing. Soon Tyrone came over and asked Jules to dance. As she saw Em$ta twerked like Miley Cyrus. Josh and Lyla went to the middle of the dance floor as the slow song began to play. Everyone around them stopped dancing and watched Josh and Lyla dance and dance. Then, they abruptly stopped dancing. She looked deeply into his eyes. A spotlight went over to them, causing his crown to glisten. They drew closer, and she lightly grasped his shoulders. They're faces moved centimeters away from each other. Then they lightly kissed each other.